About Shivering Isles

Ghoulz

I think im going to get this, but im paranoid that it'll mess things up. I won't conflict with any non-expansion mods will it? I also have Frans monsters and wonder if my saves won't work if I reinstall it with the SI addon.

SI takes place in a separate world space and does not interfere with anything in the Oblivion world space. Most mods will have no problems with it, ( I haven't found one yet that does) and some mods require it to use some of the new features that it brings to the game.

You will need the SI patch though.

You should not have a problem, the "door" to SI is way out in the lake. A lot of mods require SI, so you are opening yourself up for mod choices. I for one am not a fan of Shivering Islands, I have only played it once, but I own the Game of the Year edition so I am not out any money. Now Knights of the Nine is another story, I love it!

Whoa, since I have the latest official patch I would have to uninstall and reinstall the game to apply the SI version? Some are saying the same for OBMM, however that can be uninstalled nicely.

Sure sounds like a nightmare and it might not even work still afterwards.

You should not have uninstall anything, just load up Shivering Islands and enjoy. SI is basically just another mod, that is all. The Game of the Year edition has SI and Knights of the Nine on a separate disk, all I did was pop it in and install, boom done. You may have to check the box, in the "Data Files" link, to make sure it turns on when you fire up Oblivion. After loading SI, your character will have to wait two game days before you see a message like this: "An odd doorway has appeared on a small island in the Niben Bay". That means SI is ready to go.

OK, hate to jump on someone else's thread but I have an extremely similar question. Do any of my mods have a SI version? I ask this since I saw it pretty cheap and thought I could pick it up. I know I could google the names of all these mods manually but thought I'd ask here first so if anyone who knows a certain one of these mods has a SI version could tell me before I spend ages googling. The only one I can think of is Cobl, but if you know of any others in this list, please tell me.

Mods:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5010825/ob%20mods.png

Edited by sade1212

There is, of course, the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch to apply once you have Shivering Isles installed.

Check your Weather replacer as there may well be a SI addon.

Also check anything to do with trading as SI has its own trading stuff and may not behave 100%.

There is, of course, the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch to apply once you have Shivering Isles installed.

Check your Weather replacer as there may well be a SI addon.

Also check anything to do with trading as SI has its own trading stuff and may not behave 100%.

Thanks, I'll make sure to grab the Unofficial SI patch after I install SI.

I don't use a Natural Weather any more since it made it snow every 3 minutes for about 20 seconds and then stopped again.

By trading I assume you mean more merchant money, or the Francesco stuff if it does that. For that I'll test it in the shivering isles and if it messes up I'll disable it.

Thanks for the advice.