Squeezing out a tad more performance

HOWSE

Adding Unique landscapes with OOO and Adrenaline Oblivion will cause significant fps drop from time to time. I'd like to stop all the tree and bush animations (swaying) to see if that will help improve performance. I've gone through the INI but haven't found the line that affects the tree sway, any help with that? I know there has to be a command somewhere.

Adding Unique landscapes with OOO and Adrenaline Oblivion will cause significant fps drop from time to time. I'd like to stop all the tree and bush animations (swaying) to see if that will help improve performance. I've gone through the INI but haven't found the line that affects the tree sway, any help with that? I know there has to be a command somewhere.

I believe you're looking for bDoTallGrassEffect.

Also, increase the value for iMinGrassSize to something around 100-120 and turn off bShadowsOnGrass. Changing fGrassWindMagnitudeMax and fGrassWindMagnitudeMin may help as well.

Edited by rinoaff33

There's also a setting to remove general wind effects someplace - or it may need a mod - might need searching.

For a general performance boost (every little helps) try my guide to PYFFI for the bewildered - obviously you'll need to run PYFFI on the mesh folders added by any mods you are running, and any .bsa files they have added, but that WILL reduce the load on your CPU a bit. It is apparently tested with OOO and other major mods. It certainly doesn't count as an "instant fix" though.

Thanks guys, I'll begin experimenting right away.