Custom races in Oblivion walking the streets.

rafnher

Hi I was wandering since there are so many custom race mods around, that it could be nice to a mod that gives those mods life within Cyrodiil. Living in houses and walking the streets, talking fighting and all the stuff vanilla npcs do!

Ty

Rafnher

There's not much I know of, but due to having helped along its creation I at least know of this approach:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39427

It's not adding new NPCs but replacing existing ones though, which can make for an unused experience, seeing an NPC you know very well suddenly being of a different race, and maybe even break some quests, but this is something its author is looking into, provided he's getting feedback to find and fix these issues. It's a beta version and still worked on, being one of his first mods ever, so take it easy with darlaten.

Thanks for the tip DrakeTheDragon.

Looks like a nice mod in the making. But I was thinking in the line of the mod City Life by moDem, that is I mod that I use and is not a total ovehaul. My favorit races ar all those Elve races like Rens, Chocolate Elves and such.

Mod called Xeos. Don't think their is one on Tesnexus. http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22787 Need to download in mirrors. Since it's older then chocolate elves in MBP. They most likely never been added as replacements. You can get more npcs. From something like better cities. But better cities just gives you vanilla races to add with all the race changes the xeo adds. Modular beautiful people needed I believe plus x117 would help too. Could try looking up xeo5 in google and xeorc4 and maybe ice elf xeo II or 2 most of the sites I found these on. are japanese.

I have this mod named Extended Imperial City by stootoot. See mod here

And I was wonder if it would be difficult to change the races of the npc's in this mod.

I have newer tried changing races in the construction set so if some one could may be write down a quick guide or post a lint to a tutorial.

Also I would appreciate if someone had a link to a face pack so that all the new npc's look nice.

I think the game would look nice with those different races that have been made for Oblivion.

Rafnher

• 6 months later...
Wouldn't it be as easy as getting a mod such as Crowded Cities and manually editing the NPC list to include some custom races. Of course this would mean the edited version of Crowded Cities would now be dependant on the custom race mod so load it after.