Backpacks Mod Installation Question

HellaFAIL

So im a noob :whistling: i Downloaded this mod from planetelderscroll and its called "Jannix Quinn's Backpacks".

the installation said

"Extract all files to c:\program files\bethesda softworks\oblivions\data. When

you are asked to overwrite files under meshes and textures, select 'yes to all'.

Remember to select the data file in the menu before loading the game."

i cant find "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\oblivions\data" nor can i find "meshes and textures" gosh im so lost if someone can help me out it would be great!

-Oblivion 5th anniversary

-window 7

First, check the shortcut to Oblivion on your desktop. That should tell you where the game is installed to. If it's Win7 64 bit, then it's probably in c:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion.

However, if you installed the game "straight" on Windows 7, you're going to have one heck of a time trying to mod it thanks to UAC (User Account Control). I suggest you move the whole game to C:\Games\Oblivion, using Bben46's guide.

Standard cut'n'paste instructions follow:

If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and are thinking of modding, do yourself (and us, because you'd no doubt be asking for help with it later) a BIG favour and use Bben46's guide here to move the game from the default install position to C:\Games\Oblivion. That stops the UAC from mucking up just about every mod you try to use, including (sometimes) official patches.

Many mods will require you to be patched to version 1.2.0416, and a lot will require the Shivering Isles expansion - if you don't already have Shivering Isles, buy it and add it to the game, THEN patch it (otherwise you'll need to uninstall and reinstall from scratch to add Shivering Isles later). If you JUST have Oblivion installed, use the Oblivion patch for your version (UK or US), if you have Shivering Isles too, JUST use the Shivering Isles patch (works on UK or US versions).

I strongly suggest adding the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP), the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (UOSP), and (if you have Knights of the Nine and/or any of the official downloadable content files, the Unofficial Official Mods Patch (UOMP), plus the Unofficial Patch Supplementals and the UOP Dark Sister Voice Fix. They between them bugfix several thousand bugs and errors, and make the game much better to play.

Other "essential" mods are Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE), and then Fast Exit and Windom Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System (weOCPS) - the pair of those greatly aid stability and stop many of the more common crash scenarios from wrecking your game.

Once you have that little lot installed, then you should know where Oblivion is installed AND where your Data directory is, and can follow the original instructions.

Edited by MarkInMKUK