Dual Wield Guns

sinari

This is not a request, just ideas about dual wield if Implemented on fallout games / mods

How to dual wield (from a pip-boy): Choose weapon that can be dual wielded, then choose weapon's mods menu. In the mods menu there is a choice to combine with other weapon to be dual wielded.

To facilitate VATS, off hand weapon in a dual wield should be identical.

Weapons that can be dual wielded and their mods:

Pistols: Extra ammo capacity, silencer, laser pointer (extra critical chance)

SMG: Extra ammo capacity, grip (less spread), silencer, laser pointer and holographic (less AP cost)

Weapons that already had Silencer, grip and/or holographic can't be dual wielded.

Dual wield advantage: Twice rate of fire and twice ammo.

Dual wield disadvantage: Higher spread/less accurate.

In VATS there should be option to Spray Shot (fire both guns simultaneously, accuracy reduced drastically with AP cost equal with single weapon's AP cost) and One-Two Shot (fire both guns, but one at a time; accuracy less reduced, with AP cost one and half single weapon's AP cost)

Without VATS, hold attack button to Spray Shot.

Special Perk for dual wield

Dual Wield Charge => Forward movement speed is not reduced when aiming with dual wielded weapons

Other close quarters weapons advantage (for balance issue against dual wield):

Shotgun: Shotgun Surgeon perk (ignore DT) + And Stay Back perk (chance to knock enemy). Both from New Vegas.

Melee: VATS Power Jump (jump + attack power) for heavy melee weapons (spear, bumper sword) and medium melee (katana, Chinese officers sword). VATS Dash and Slash (Sprint + attack) for medium and light melee weapons (knife). Dash and Slash has farther range than Power Jump.

Unarmed / Fist: VATS Power Jump

Note:

Sorry for bad English.

I made this suggestion because I think that there's a way to implement dual wield guns in future Fallout games (or mods, if possible), adding extra action without losing Fallout deep, classic RPG style.

It is indeed possible like the video shows.

You would need to make special animations for them,One weapon for each combination of weapons(I think) and then it would be possible.

dont know how it would be done any other way

I dont think the gamebryo engine that was modified for fallout could handle that to be honest,it would have to be done by the modders as weve seen the makers have done an excellent job in bug catching and management :P