trouble starting game after loading multiple mods

thefakegame

Hi all, I am new to these forums and just recently started tinkering with the mods of Fallout 3. The mods I'm interested in playing with are

1. FWE- Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition

2. Fallout 3 Project Beauty HD

3. Marts Mutant Mod - RC 61

4. EVE- Energy Visuals Enhanced\

I know about the Fallout Interoperability Program (FOIP) and I've downloaded those modules but so far whenever I have EVE activated the game crashes as soon as I try the quick start or shortly after I start the game as a kid.

is there a specific order I should install these mods in that might help since I've tried putting them in the FOMM load order stated in FWE but it didn't seem to work any better so maybe the installation is the problem. Help please.. and sorry if this has been asked before

thefakegame - Hello!

The load order has to be right with that combination of mods & Foip patches, Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition site has an example of how all of those mods you mention should be arranged at the bottom of this page:

http://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation

If you still have trouble, posting your load order might help someone to see if there's something wrong there.

To get your load order list open FOMM & go to "Load Order" then select copy to clipboard. You can then paste it into a message here.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

the load order seems identical, nothing really different about it...one thing that i believe may be effecting the game is that some of the files need to be overwrittin.

for example I try this install order FWE>Beauty HD>Marts Mutant Mod> EVE...and i noticed when Installing eve some of the files in textures seem to get overwrote, also I get some error about pipboy. I shall post exactly what it says when I make my third attempt lol.

Also I wanted to know, if I'm using followers enhanced do I use the module of the same name without followers enhanced as well. Mostly meaning the FOIP modules.

btw has anybody here been successful with this specific combination of mods?

Fallout3.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp

EVE.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Total active plugins: 25

Total plugins: 32

still random freezes, went in the bathroom of megaton looked at a urinal and the game froze lol oh well

thefakegame - Hello!

"still random freezes, went in the bathroom of megaton looked at a urinal and the game froze lol oh well"

Random freezing mainly in interior cells are symptoms of the Fallout 3 multi core bug.

Are you running on a multi core computer?

Fallout 3 has trouble with multi core computers, mainly with ones that have more than two cores & use hyperthreading.

You can fix that by editing your .ini, the one you want to change is:

For XP:

My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\

For Win7:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

& change this line:

bUseThreadedAI=0

to:

bUseThreadedAI=1

& insert this line under it:

iNumHWThreads=2

Save & close your ini.

As far as your load order goes, the Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Releases.esp from FOIP replaces:

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

So untick & remove all three of those, leaving that part of your load order thus:

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Releases.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp

Hope this Helps!

Prensa

you are AWESOME! this seems to have fixed my problem and I am playing with no errors or crashes as of yet (3 hours). That ini fix was probably it, I'm running this on an i7 2600. I took the extra esp files out as well.

thanks for the help! I'm finally playing this awesome game the way it was truly meant to be played.