Can not shoot while moving forward

Contrax2009

Alright, a wierd bug came up that made the game virtually unplayable. It happen quite recently and I cannot shoot while pressing the W button. I can shoot fine while moving left right backwords and standing still but I cannot shoot while moving forward. I prefer to play the game without VATS techincally because your letting some AI shoot for you and it ruins the FPS aspect.

Contrax2009 - Hello!

Have you installed any mods recently?

Specifically anything that changes the default animations?

If you did, try unticking it & see if your animations return to normal.

Check your:

Fallout 3\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male

If there are any .kf files in there then you've got extra or replacement animations installed.

That's fine, lots of mods add animations but it's possible you've either missed out something or one of the mods is interfering.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Alright, a wierd bug came up that made the game virtually unplayable. It happen quite recently and I cannot shoot while pressing the W button. I can shoot fine while moving left right backwords and standing still but I cannot shoot while moving forward. I prefer to play the game without VATS techincally because your letting some AI shoot for you and it ruins the FPS aspect.

I went to the fallout-data-meshes-characters-male and found these files

1hpequip.kf

1hpholster.kf

1hpjamf.kf

1hpreloada.kf

1hpreloadf.kf

1hpunequip.kf

2HAHANDGRIP2_TOMMYGUN.kf

sneak1hpequip.kf

sneak1hpunequip.kf

Are there any conflicts between them? I am not using any animations that affect fallout 3 and have a total of 14 mods but all of them are retextures and new items. The only mod that affects any animations is the pipboy readius because of the hand centering not the arm centering.

Contrax2009 - Hello!

They are all anmation files:

1hpequip.kf

1hpholster.kf

1hpjamf.kf

1hpreloada.kf

1hpreloadf.kf

1hpunequip.kf

2HAHANDGRIP2_TOMMYGUN.kf

sneak1hpequip.kf

sneak1hpunequip.kf

For instance, the 2HAHANDGRIP2_TOMMYGUN.kf is a special two hand grip for weapons.

I know that WillieSea's fix for a weapon reload and jam glitch on the laser pistol are - 1hpjamf.kf & 1hpreloadf.kf So that's probably those.

Dragonskin Tactical Outfit adds these:

1hpequip.kf

1hpholster.kf

1hpunequip.kf

sneak1hpequip.kf

sneak1hpunequip.kf

That just leaves 1hpreloada.kf, not sure where that came from.

Go to your FOMM & select "File Manager" on the right.

In the File Manager window that opens, expand the Data details by clicking on the + next to it.

Do the same to Meshes - Characters then left click on -male & the .kf files should show up in the window on the right.

Within that, left click on the 1hpreloada.kf & see what Mod it is from (listed below it under Mod Name).

If no mod is listed there, it's probably a left over from a mod you installed but did not completely remove.

If it is a left over, you could try removing it & see if that fixes your issue.

If that does not fix it, place it back.

The only other thing to do after that is untick your mods & try running with just fallout 3.

If the problem is not there with just Fallout 3 you will know it is caused by one of your mods.

In that case, turn your mods back on one at a time checking in between to see when the problem returns. That way you will be able to find the culprit.

Hope this Helps!

Prensa

Contrax2009 - Hello!

They are all anmation files:

1hpequip.kf

1hpholster.kf

1hpjamf.kf

1hpreloada.kf

1hpreloadf.kf

1hpunequip.kf

2HAHANDGRIP2_TOMMYGUN.kf

sneak1hpequip.kf

sneak1hpunequip.kf

For instance, the 2HAHANDGRIP2_TOMMYGUN.kf is a special two hand grip for weapons.

I know that WillieSea's fix for a weapon reload and jam glitch on the laser pistol are - 1hpjamf.kf & 1hpreloadf.kf So that's probably those.

Dragonskin Tactical Outfit adds these:

1hpequip.kf

1hpholster.kf

1hpunequip.kf

sneak1hpequip.kf

sneak1hpunequip.kf

That just leaves 1hpreloada.kf, not sure where that came from.

Go to your FOMM & select "File Manager" on the right.

In the File Manager window that opens, expand the Data details by clicking on the + next to it.

Do the same to Meshes - Characters then left click on -male & the .kf files should show up in the window on the right.

Within that, left click on the 1hpreloada.kf & see what Mod it is from (listed below it under Mod Name).

If no mod is listed there, it's probably a left over from a mod you installed but did not completely remove.

If it is a left over, you could try removing it & see if that fixes your issue.

If that does not fix it, place it back.

The only other thing to do after that is untick your mods & try running with just fallout 3.

If the problem is not there with just Fallout 3 you will know it is caused by one of your mods.

In that case, turn your mods back on one at a time checking in between to see when the problem returns. That way you will be able to find the culprit.

Hope this Helps!

Prensa

Wow thanks it works! Thanks for making the game playable again :D