Elder Scroll Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

HellaFAIL

Hey guys, so im new to modding and its so confusing :wallbash:... i downloaded a mod and it said

"Extract all files to c:\program files\bethesda softworks\oblivions\data. When

you are asked to overwrite files under meshes and textures, select 'yes to all'."

but i cant even find the "c:\program files\bethesda softworks\oblivions\data" nor the "meshes and textures"( WTH is a meshes..)

so im guessing youll need some kind of program to find the meshes and textures folder? ive been reading around and from the way of it...you'll need the GOTY to do the mods..i got the 5th anni, hope their the same.

any step by step will help :psyduck:

thanks in advance guys

Did you install the game to a location other than its default location?

I don't know which OS you're using, but regardless you should be able to right-click on the game icon on your desktop and find a way to jump straight to the icon's target, thus locating your game directory.

If it's a Steam version, it will be different: the location will be somewhere in a SteamApps folder.

Edited by Herculine

Did you install the game to a location other than its default location?

I don't know which OS you're using, but regardless you should be able to right-click on the game icon on your desktop and find a way to jump straight to the icon's target, thus locating your game directory.

If it's a Steam version, it will be different: the location will be somewhere in a SteamApps folder.

Yay you! and yay me!!! 1st i did you what you said and i found " open file location ", from there found the data and in it is the meshes and textures. 2nd what is OS means?

oh no steam got the whole game thang :turned:

Meshes won't be there, nor will most of the textures due to the fact that they are packed within a .bsa file (which pretty much every modder ends up unpacking :P) to save a LOT of space. I don't recommend unpacking the "Sound" .bsa :psyduck: It took so long I just stopped it and undid the change :D

That mod shouldn't say Program Files... it should say your Oblivion directory to avoid confusing (For example, the Steam install is different, the (x86) path is different, or you could install it to a whole different directory (mine for example is C:\Games\Oblivion\Data)

Edited by Guest

Meshes won't be there, nor will most of the textures due to the fact that they are packed within a .bsa file (which pretty much every modder ends up unpacking :P) to save a LOT of space. I don't recommend unpacking the "Sound" .bsa :psyduck: It took so long I just stopped it and undid the change :D

That mod shouldn't say Program Files... it should say your Oblivion directory to avoid confusing (For example, the Steam install is different, the (x86) path is different, or you could install it to a whole different directory (mine for example is C:\Games\Oblivion\Data)

LOL WOW its more confusing than ever..why did i get a gaming computer in the 1st place....... :wallbash:.

ok now for a fact that meshes arent there to begin with. these whole unpacking thing is confusing please elaborate a lil more cuz im having a nose bleed >.<

never mind all i see is are the "Textures" but not the meshes :(

Not all mods include meshes; some only include a plugin.

OS is Operating System.

this one does. have you guys ever heard of the "Jannix Quinn's Backpacks"? thats the one i DLed...

Operating System..i dun know what IS my OS...but my computer is a ASUS G73sw....i feel so sorry for my self...lol sorry bout that...

anywho i just uninstalled oblivion cuz when i put in the meshes and the textures it didnt work and i panic like a lil gal... so ill try to try again tomorrow.

you guys are so cool for helping out a :psyduck: like me and please stick around till i figure this out =)

In your game directory there should be a folder called "Data" and in the mod you're unpacking (if it was packed by a modder who gives a crap) there should also be a folder called "Data". Just make sure that everything from the mod data folder gets copied to your game data folder, then of course make sure you activate the plugin with either the game launcher or a mod manager and you should be good to go.

Ok lets try this again. all i have to do is copy the folder that i extract from the mod i down loaded?

so what i have in the modded folder are

Meshes( folder )

-custom( folder )

Backpack1.nif

Backpack1_gnd.nif

Backpack2.nif

Backpack2_gnd.nif

Backpack3.nif

Backpack3_gnd.nif

Backpack4.nif

Backpack4_gnd.nif

Textures( folder )

clutter(folder)

Metalrust3.dds

Metalrust3_n.dds

-custom(folder)

backpack( in the custom folder )

Backpack1.dds

Backpack1_n.dds

Backpack2.dds

Backpack2_n.dds

Backpack3.dds

Backpack3_n.dds

Backpack4.dds

Backpack4_n.dds

Backpack5.dds

Backpack5_n.dds

Menus(folder)

-icons(folder)

--custom( folder inner icons )

backpack1.dds

Backpack( pic )

Backpacklocation( pic )

Fgmgpacks( pic )

Jq-Backpacks.esp( some kind of paper looking image "

jq-Backpacks-readme

thats what the mod come out too when i extracted it.so what i do now is put the meshes in the oblivion folder along with the misic,shaders,testures and the video(folder) in the data folder. for the Textures folder from the mod folder, all i do there is put it with the rest of the Textures folder from the Oblivion Data.

from there it should work right? YAY took me 30mins to write this down! :biggrin: