Texture editing (Re-texturing)

Overwatch12

Alright, so I'm new to the mod community (However these aren't my first experiences with it. I'm not quite a newbie.)

and I wanted to know how I would edit a texture (.dds files this time around). However what I need is more specific than most tutorials get, these textures were already created. I want to edit the textures on the pip boy readius. Searching through google revealed no results. So here I am breaking my own rule (Never ask anything or say anything unless you have uploaded something impressive. Sorry, I'm used to facepunches elitism >:( ). But ultimately, I want help on this, anything would be more than appreciated. :wallbash:

As a matter of fact, any sort of texture creation tips would be good, I plan on going to other things than re-textures.

To edit textures i personally use Gimp, in combination with it's DDS plugin ofourse :)

But there is also a plugin for photoshop that does the same..

But since Fallout has a sort of master-archive (.BSA files) where i stores the DDC-files, you'll need a programm to extract them.

This can be done using a built-in function of the Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM), or with a seperate program (BSA commander or FO3Archive)

Unless you're going to personalise a mod-file (yeah like readius, forgot about that whilst writing the above :P)

Hope this helps you out a bit :)

Edited by Urwy

To edit textures i personally use Gimp, in combination with it's DDS plugin ofourse :)

But there is also a plugin for photoshop that does the same..

But since Fallout has a sort of master-archive (.BSA files) where i stores the DDC-files, you'll need a programm to extract them.

This can be done using a built-in function of the Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM), or with a seperate program (BSA commander or FO3Archive)

Unless you're going to personalise a mod-file (yeah like readius, forgot about that whilst writing the above :P)

Hope this helps you out a bit :)

Thanks, that's actually what I needed. This should be cake from here on out. Much obliged. :dance: