visible when distant

SrJulie

The control room of the mothership in my new mod is positioned so it has a distant view of the strip. It is, however, elevated. This means the ground shows up. This brings up the issue of "visible when distant"

The buildings and the lucky 38 sign are visible when distant. However the ground cover (sidwalks and cobblestones around the lucky 38) have "visible when distant" greyed out - the problem is from the elevation of the control room windows they would be visible when distant.

Similarly while the lucky 38 sign can be checked "visible when distant" the Lucky 38 sign glow has this box greyed out.

In short, is there any way to make the cobblestones around the lucky 38, the sidewalk, the overhang around the lucky 38 and the lucky 38 sign glow "visible when distant"?

Thanks so much in advance.

Julie

If I got this right (a bit hard to understand this, messy written) I've got a few questions. Is this a interior cell or exterior cell?

If interior cell: Easy, just set the "Clip" in the lighting settings of the cell to like 66000 or something really high.

If exterior cell: This is way much trickier, but you might have to edit the LOD-meshes of these things you want to "glow" by editing the materials in the NIF-files.

If I got this right (a bit hard to understand this, messy written) I've got a few questions. Is this a interior cell or exterior cell?

If interior cell: Easy, just set the "Clip" in the lighting settings of the cell to like 66000 or something really high.

If exterior cell: This is way much trickier, but you might have to edit the LOD-meshes of these things you want to "glow" by editing the materials in the NIF-files.

This is an exterior cell. The problem becomes that the "view from a distance" doesn't work properly, even with the proper meshes used. In the end the easiest solution is to ignore the problem as it isn't that noticeable even with the view from as high as it is.

The only way would be to edit the LOD mesh, and regenerate the LOD in the Geck. Since the Lucky 38 is in a smaller worldspace and not the main wasteland, it is doable (but probably not necessary as you've set, it doesn't really matter much.)