summon army

slayerrobe7

I would like someone to make a mod that includes the following once you compleate the main story and become champion:

a spell that summons 10 imperial legion solders, 5 battlemages, and 5 blades to protect you

all units summoned stay till death(this can be done by using "placeatme <creatureID> <number>"

Edited by slayerrobe7

That may well be too many people :)

If you summon that many, the AI handling will freeze some of them, and some of the attacking enemies, as it can only handle a few characters at a time. That's why there are no "big battles" in Oblivion. There's a tweak to take up the maximum number of characters animated at any one time, but it's not possible to tweak it very far... and 20 additional characters is quite an extra load.

Quote from a test that was run a few months back on a well-set-up gaming machine:

"The average amount of NPCs each game supports before serious performance issues arise on my system may not be of help to you since you do not have my computer, but the numbers tell a story of just how good the various versions of the gamebyro engine and Radiant AI are at action scenes. So here is a rough guide for you modders, I recommend you try and stay roughly within these limits when placing NPCs in each of these games.

Oblivion = 15 NPCs

Fallout 3 = 40 NPCs

Fallout New Vegas = 20 NPCs"

Of course, if there are already 15 or so attackers (say a bandit camp) then the additional spawned characters will stand there like dummies until YOU kill enough of the attackers that the AI has space for the new spawns to act...

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Yeah, I agree that 20 summoned creatures are too many AIs to handle for Oblivion. They will most likely stimply stand around and do nothing.

Midas Magic for example has two spells that summon multiple creatures (barbarian horde and dremora horde), always consisting of 6 - 7 creatures at best. You can of corse stack those spells and cast them again and again to fill the cell you are in with dremora or barbarians - but then they don't really do anything, as in their AI dies and they simply stand around.

If you want to summon 20 full NPCs (!) with working, friendly AI (player faction) which are supposed to be on your side PLUS the enemies you want to fight PLUS your own character... it simply won't work.

My memory might be wrong but I think there is a line in the ini file that alters the amount of working AIs in your close proximity. But I doubt that would make this possible.

Edited by chakaru11