Anyone else getting both PC and a console version of Skyrim?

dwellufool

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying both a PC and Console version?

nope. I have nothing against consoles but there's two reasons stopping me from getting one

firstly they're very anti-mods. MS and Sony seem firmly against player-created content, which I personally consider to be a huge strength of PC gaming. just look at the Nexus to see how popular creating and playing mods is

secondly there's only a few titles on consoles that interest me and are not also on PC, and they tend to be spread across different consoles. I just can't justify the cost of a PS3 or 360 for the small number of exclusive games they offer

obviously that's purely from my own viewpoint. just because consoles aren't for me doesn't mean that I'm against other people enjoying them

but even if I did have a console, I'd likely only buy the game on one platform anyway, and since PC has mods (and I prefer the mouse/keyboard rather than a gamepad) it'd be PC anyway

I'm actually not sure if I won't get it for both console and PC. I have two distinct reasons for this. For starters, my PC is ok for running modern games at 20-30 fps at 720p on mid to high settings, which isn't bad, but can be frustrating at times when I want smooth gameplay at max settings with higher resolution. My other thing is that my little sister shows interest in the game (primarily because of the dragons), but I'm away at college, so she can't use my PC all the time. So what I'm considering possibly doing is getting the 360 version at first, since I'd be fine without mods the first time (and there might not be much need for mods on this game). So then later down the road, when Skyrim comes to Steam on sale, I could pick it up for not too much, and have access to the mods that had come along while I played the default game.

Or I could ened up being satisfied with just the console version. Or maybe I'll just go with the PC version. Hard to say what I'll do since the game isn't out yet, and I still want to see more gameplay footage before I decide if I want to buy immediately or wait a bit.