Fallout New Vegas Crashes

I know there is probably thousands of threads about this but.....

I originally played the game when I first got it for about 8 or so hours without a single crash and then the next day I tried to play Fallout NV it crashes (FalloutNV has stopped working) after about two minutes of gameplay making in unplayable.

It seems to have only started when I was inside the Honest Hearts DLC world location. (Forgot the name)

I have tried re-installing also tired few bug patches on the nexus, and setting the graphics settings to low and nothing still at around two minutes it crashes.

I have being trying to find a fix for 5 hours.

System specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (2.33GHz)

RAM: 4 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 (1GB)

And I have enough Hard Drive space

Edited by Guest

howdy,

probably not a bad idea to post your load order, as well as game changing mod-stuff like fnv4gb, nvse, configator, fomm.

Also, howi s is crashing? is it freezing on the load screen? is it crashing to the desktop? are you walking around when this happens? are you completing a particular action when it happens? are you going thru a load door when it happens?

also you said you re-installed. when you uninstall and re-install, it does not remove the ini files from your documents/my games/falloutNV folder. if the two ini files in your saves folder were edited in any way from a mod before you installed, and you did not remove them, then you are operating on possibly mismatched files. the two ini files must match the ini file in your new vegas directory. if it does not, then it will cause ctd when you have occurence that is affected by difference in the files.

If what im saying is the case, simply remove the saves you want to keep into a temp folder, then completley clear out the falloutNV folder that contains save info of all files. then start a new game and save. then exit out and re-place your save games into the save game folder and your new ini files should be there having been created when you started a new game.

Edited by PowderdToastMan

howdy,

probably not a bad idea to post your load order, as well as game changing mod-stuff like fnv4gb, nvse, configator, fomm.

Also, howi s is crashing? is it freezing on the load screen? is it crashing to the desktop? are you walking around when this happens? are you completing a particular action when it happens? are you going thru a load door when it happens?

also you said you re-installed. when you uninstall and re-install, it does not remove the ini files from your documents/my games/falloutNV folder. if the two ini files in your saves folder were edited in any way from a mod before you installed, and you did not remove them, then you are operating on possibly mismatched files. the two ini files must match the ini file in your new vegas directory. if it does not, then it will cause ctd when you have occurence that is affected by difference in the files.

If what im saying is the case, simply remove the saves you want to keep into a temp folder, then completley clear out the falloutNV folder that contains save info of all files. then start a new game and save. then exit out and re-place your save games into the save game folder and your new ini files should be there having been created when you started a new game.

I had no mods enabled because their is no reason to really have any mods on in the Honest Hearts.

Crashing to desktop with "FallotNV has stopped working"

I am only walking around nothing else, I have FOMM but I disabled all my mods when I started Honest Hearts. I only uninstalled and reinstalled after 2 hours of only getting 2 minutes of game play so I don't think its mismatched ini and they were not modified by any mods

And another thing I kinda started a split off game basically I have one save sitting in Honest Hearts and another save in the New Vagas and the New Vegas one isnt crashing

I did this to test to see if the bug was Honest hearts exclusive and it seems to be. What I did was keep my save game in Honest Hearts then disabled the DLC so I got put back into the New Vegas world that way I could test to see if it crashed and I have being playing that save game since and will be till I manage to find some form of a fix for the Honest Hearts crashing.

It doesn't matter if you had no mods enabled. The point is you had them active at some point and so your save is prepared for something that isn't there.. And to deactivate a mod that your game needs now just because "their is no reason to really have any mods on in the Honest Hearts" is asking for trouble. The point is when you activate any mod and save with it active in your load order you change by overwriting the games base ID's, if I were you I would resort to the last save you had with the mods on and reactivate all of them you had active at the time, and this time don't deactivate them just because you think you won't be using them.....I'm sorry but thats just silly, and will cause so many problems.. Also you didn't specify whether the game crashes at start on load, or just when active.

I can tell you though that of all the dlc's honest hearts is the most unstable IMO. In and around the dead horses camp I get very frequent crashes, whereas everywhere else in my game outside of honest hearts runs pretty smoothly.

It doesn't matter if you had no mods enabled. The point is you had them active at some point and so your save is prepared for something that isn't there.. And to deactivate a mod that your game needs now just because "their is no reason to really have any mods on in the Honest Hearts" is asking for trouble. The point is when you activate any mod and save with it active in your load order you change by overwriting the games base ID's, if I were you I would resort to the last save you had with the mods on and reactivate all of them you had active at the time, and this time don't deactivate them just because you think you won't be using them.....I'm sorry but thats just silly, and will cause so many problems.. Also you didn't specify whether the game crashes at start on load, or just when active.

I can tell you though that of all the dlc's honest hearts is the most unstable IMO. In and around the dead horses camp I get very frequent crashes, whereas everywhere else in my game outside of honest hearts runs pretty smoothly.

I actually started a new game with no mod just Fallout and Honest Hearts and got up to the same place as I was before in the quest and it still did the 2 min crash

The reason I said I didn't need the mods is because one changes the Vegas Strip and the other one adds lights to Mojave neither would cause conflicts with Honest Hearts whether they were disabled or not. I did the same thing for Oblivion and Fallout 3 which both running on the same engine and I did not receive any conficts. Now you might say "But New Vegas is also made by Obsidian" and you would be right but the reason why Fallout NV is so buggy is because Obsidian did not want to use the Oblivion/Fallout 3 engine because they didn't understand it that well but Bethesda insisted.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass though it does seem to come off that way

Also your right Honest Hearts was always very unstable and to be honest (no pun intended) it was kinda a bad DLC it did not bring much to the game

Thats why I have decided to not waste you time with trying to solve this issue I'm just going to leave it

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
pleas help me, whenever i start the game it will show the first screen shot then say " FALLOUTNV has stopped working" and when i fixed that, is says errer 5:0000054343 and if i fix that it just says need update, i have fixed all three and it still wont work anymore. please help me

• 2 weeks later...