SKYRIM 40 minute demo from Quake Con

tony1892

the moderators are a lot less forgiving here then on Beth's forums

Going to have to disagree with you there. If you break the rules repeatedly on either site you'll be banned but here you at least have a chance to be reinstated if you plead your case successfully. Once your banned there though it's permanent.

The mods here are also a lot friendlier. Also here I noticed there's a higher tolerance for polite dissent. If you want to say 'X sucks/will suck because...' the threads here don't get closed just for that. At least that's how it was when I stopped going there.

Nexus > Bethesda > Gamefaqs

If I had a dollar for every "Oh this thread has a slight possibility to include some minor rule breaking posts so I better lock it" post from a moderator on the Beth forums, I'd have a lot of dollars. They're quite overzealous in my opinion.

Going to have to disagree with you there. If you break the rules repeatedly on either site you'll be banned but here you at least have a chance to be reinstated if you plead your case successfully. Once your banned there though it's permanent.

The mods here are also a lot friendlier. Also here I noticed there's a higher tolerance for polite dissent. If you want to say 'X sucks/will suck because...' the threads here don't get closed just for that. At least that's how it was when I stopped going there.

If I had a dollar for every "Oh this thread has a slight possibility to include some minor rule breaking posts so I better lock it" post from a moderator on the Beth forums, I'd have a lot of dollars. They're quite overzealous in my opinion.

I don't go to Gamefaqs, are they total Thread Nazis over there?

And, that is exactly the thing I mean about the Beth forums. "Slight hint of dislike for Oblivion, could cause a mildly lively debate--locked!"

And, that is exactly the thing I mean about the Beth forums. "Slight hint of dislike for Oblivion, could cause a mildly lively debate--locked!"

Yeah. They can be pretty bad.

Here's the UD definition: (Some language; It's Urban Dictionary) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gamefaqs%20Moderator

Edited by watdocdude

Yeah. They can be pretty bad.

Here's the UD definition: (Some language; It's Urban Dictionary) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gamefaqs%20Moderator

I lol'ed

Just to chime in... We probably wouldn't have banned you for posting it. Bethsoft however probably wants to keep it hushed because their lawers havn't reviewed and approved the content (screams of "kill him" and "Tea-bag him" probably wouldn't go over well). I think it's less a matter of them hiding things (since the video seems to go over most of the same path as the E3 video), and more because of them wanting to control things because they can.

We aren't connected with Bethsoft in any way, and while we try to have some sort of friendly understanding for certain legal things, we operate on our own beliefs of what should be featured on a fan site.

Just to chime in... We probably wouldn't have banned you for posting it. Bethsoft however probably wants to keep it hushed because their lawers havn't reviewed and approved the content (screams of "kill him" and "Tea-bag him" probably wouldn't go over well). I think it's less a matter of them hiding things (since the video seems to go over most of the same path as the E3 video), and more because of them wanting to control things because they can.

We aren't connected with Bethsoft in any way, and while we try to have some sort of friendly understanding for certain legal things, we operate on our own beliefs of what should be featured on a fan site.

ok then

we'll wait

Edited by hector530

It could be because someone paid for the rights to publish this? They can get direct HD feed of the video, Todd's mic recording without the crowd. I have this gut feeling it's more then content issues.

It could be because someone paid for the rights to publish this? They can get direct HD feed of the video, Todd's mic recording without the crowd. I have this gut feeling it's more then content issues.

Most likely than not, just lawyers being lawyers, ordering takedowns because they can. I doubt anyone on the development team even knows about the leak.

Most likely than not, just lawyers being lawyers, ordering takedowns because they can. I doubt anyone on the development team even knows about the leak.

Just have to wait and find out. This footage will come out soon enough. I just hope it's shared instead of hogged by one journalistic site.