Whats the Water heigth in NV ?

KingShelby

I'm working on a mod that will be compatible with both FO3 and Vegas. I'd like to add to the scripting a factor that needs to know if the player is swimming. I've done this for Fo3 by checking the poz Z of the player. The Geck wiki has this as 10500 for the water level and I know this works for FO3. There was no new entry in the wiki for Vegas.

So my question is: Is the water height/level in Vegas 10500 ?

------------------ This is from the Wiki

IsSwimming will always return 0 if called on the player.

If the calling actor is in the Wasteland worldspace, whether or not they are swimming can be determined by checking their Z coordinate. This approach, unlike IsSwimming, will work perfectly on the player (only works for the main water body [auto-water], not for placeable water).

if GetPos Z < 10500

most definitely not.

from what i've seen it's -2300 iirc, just right-click cell name -> edit and look it up :-)

p.s.: i assume isswimming checks for the navmesh which doesn't affect the player, that might be why it returns 0

most definitely not.

from what i've seen it's -2300 iirc, just right-click cell name -> edit and look it up :-)

p.s.: i assume isswimming checks for the navmesh which doesn't affect the player, that might be why it returns 0

I wanted to know this too but gave up trying as there's no way to work out if the player is swimming in placeable water, whic is both of the largest dams in NV and many smaller water sources, the only real water is down at cottonwood I believe.

I wanted to know this too but gave up trying as there's no way to work out if the player is swimming in placeable water, whic is both of the largest dams in NV and many smaller water sources, the only real water is down at cottonwood I believe.

hm well that method might be a bit rude and no idea if it could work, but how about something like that: there's that article, about running onLoad-blocks on disabled objects i guess, on the geck-wiki, where you'd setscale 0 and moveto player an object. so maybe something similar could be done with a creature or npc.

like, you set a radroach or whatever (something that can swim anyhow :-) on a marker in some dummy cell, then when you want to know if the player is swimming, you set it's scale to 0, move it to player (best with some offset maybe so it's not going inside the pc). it would be in water then, so it'd start swimming (or maybe better set size to 1, don't know if it still feels an urge to swim if it has no size) and you could then ceck if it is and then move it back to it's marker until next time.

you'd have to do some setup with the creature though (if that works at all of course), like invulnerable, invisible, immune, i.....whatever :-), and make it disappear from the radar

edit: and if you only want to check for ONE placeable water occurance, you can of course always just place an activator over it and check if it's triggered. not recommendable for _all_ the water though :-)

Edited by stevie70