up to date cosmetic mods?

ImNotCrazy44

I haven't played Oblivion in a long time, and just got a new desktop,so I should be able to run the best graphic enhancing mods. Is there an up to date list of them out there? Aside from scenery and all that, I'm also looking to improve the faces and also for a realistic body mod (preferably one with an underware version lol).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's Qarl's Texture Pack III for the higher res landscapes and architecture, along with furniture and stuff if I'm not mistaken. There's also themythofanst, who does some cool high-res creatures and armors. They're called "Mythic" or "Retex". Then for faces, there's Natural Faces (my favorite). For a body mod that has both male and female, there's Robert's Male v5 and Female v12 (NOT A DIRECT LINK! There are nude pictures on the page, so I won't post a direct link. Look in Oblivion Mods - Co-authored. It's in that section.)

Prepare for a long list of texture replacers... Improved Amulets and Rings, Improved Book Background texture, Improved Blade of Woe, Improved Bravil, Improved Bruma, Improved Candles, Improved Cave Normal Maps, Improved Chorrol, Improved Doors and Flora, Improved Fire and Flames, Improved Fruits, Vegetables, and Meats, Improved Signs, Improved Shock Damage, Improved Skulls, Bones, and Ironwork, Improved Trees and Flora, Improved Trees and Flora 2, and Visually Improved Staffs.

I highly recommend Stronger Imperial Dragon Armor, for what I won't say, as it may spoil the main quest's ending. You get it at the end, I'll say that, and this makes it much better in my opinion.

For the "best" water mod, there's OBGE Liquid Water. It requires OBSE and Oblivion Graphics Extender.

Some other stuff... I hope you have a godly computer if you want to run every graphic enhancement mod! I don't know how good your specs are, but unless you have a really high-end desktop, I can assure you, you won't be running all of these enhancement mods without a noticable a FPS (Frames Per Second) drop. Lower FPS = Slower game, Higher FPS = Faster game.

Hope it helps :P

EDIT: I forgot this one! Really Textured Normal Maps for Vanilla. Vanilla means the normal game before any mods are added.

Edited by Guest

There are a few sites with full graphical overhaul walkthroughs around. The most recent I've seen is on the "Overclockers UK" forum. It takes you through the full process of using Wrye Bash to install stuff too. However, it IS for the "power gamer" - the end result is almost crippling multicore 3.2GHz machines with 8GB of RAM and 2GB graphics cards until it is "de-tuned" a bit. Five year old game, and still brings modern PCs to their knees - now THAT is impressive. Edited by MarkInMKUK