Mods won't load in data files

KaaaChowww

So, I'm new to pc gaming so I haven't modded any game before. I have downloaded two mods "Smitty's Place.esp and Ranch House.esp" When I go to data files to activate them they won't show up. Actually nothing shows up, its just a blank screen. Could anyone help? I have all addons installed (Btw, smittys place is a bar and Ranch House is a player house.) Oh and yes, I put them in the correct data file. Edited by KaaaChowww

So, I'm new to pc gaming so I haven't modded any game before. I have downloaded two mods "Smitty's Place.esp and Ranch House.esp" When I go to data files to activate them they won't show up. Actually nothing shows up, its just a blank screen. Could anyone help? I have all addons installed (Btw, smittys place is a bar and Ranch House is a player house.) Oh and yes, I put them in the correct data file.

I would like 2 screen shots. 1 of the data folder with the mods in them, and 1 of the mod check box screen, if you could.

So, I'm new to pc gaming so I haven't modded any game before. I have downloaded two mods "Smitty's Place.esp and Ranch House.esp" When I go to data files to activate them they won't show up. Actually nothing shows up, its just a blank screen. Could anyone help? I have all addons installed (Btw, smittys place is a bar and Ranch House is a player house.) Oh and yes, I put them in the correct data file.

I would like 2 screen shots. 1 of the data folder with the mods in them, and 1 of the mod check box screen, if you could.

• 1 year later...

Similar problem..my game is fine, i have downloaded 3 esp files for player homes, checked the box in my launcher, load my game and none will show. I dragged them to the data file like they said to. What am I doing wrong? >:(

You guys really need to download a mod manager. FOMM is no longer maintained, but you may have to download it eventually for the tools. NMM is very noob friendly, and is being updated often. It also allows you to download straight from the site.