SKYRIM ON PS3

AxeAlot

Hey guys, I recently sold my custom built 360 as it was getting old and wasnt sure how long it was going to last for. I'm purchasing a brand new 160GB Ps3 slim on Wedsnday (Not that any of that really matters). I've played the Ps3 a few times at my friends place's and I have to say that I enjoy both consoles equally, they all have their ups and downs. What I find strange is that Todd Howard has not really spoke about Skyrim for the Playstation 3, usually during the gameplay videos and interviews he talks about it for the Xbox 360 and PC. So I was just wondering if I should take this as bad news that it has not been shown or even talked about for the Ps3 or if there are other reasons for this....I would appreciate any info or knowledge you guys could give me

Thanks!

I think in an interview with him he said something along the lines of the 360 handles Skyrim better. If I'm cracking up, and I didn't hear that, then it's likely just his personal preference, and the PC, 360, and PS3 will all have the same amount of content at launch. Nothing to be worried about. I'm searching desperately on YouTube for the video, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll post the link. :D

I think in an interview with him he said something along the lines of the 360 handles Skyrim better. If I'm cracking up, and I didn't hear that, then it's likely just his personal preference, and the PC, 360, and PS3 will all have the same amount of content at launch. Nothing to be worried about. I'm searching desperately on YouTube for the video, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll post the link. :D

Oh yeah....I think you are correct I remember him saying something about how the demos are being shown on the 360 because it handles better and is easier to set up on stage or something, at Quakecon he was saying that the PC version will be better graphics wise but they used the xbox because it was easier to play on stage and show!

The 360 is likely more stable at this point since it's closer to a PC architecturally speaking, and is easier to set up than a PC.

Technically, the PS3 is capable of better graphics than the 360, but since most games are released for both consoles, most studios tend to develop for the 360's capabilities for a reduced overhead. Also, online for the PS3 is not as good, so I've heard. Not that it'll matter for Skyrim.

The 360 is likely more stable at this point since it's closer to a PC architecturally speaking, and is easier to set up than a PC.

Technically, the PS3 is capable of better graphics than the 360, but since most games are released for both consoles, most studios tend to develop for the 360's capabilities for a reduced overhead. Also, online for the PS3 is not as good, so I've heard. Not that it'll matter for Skyrim.

Hey thanks for the info, I appreciate it! Interesting stuff, and yes that is true after playing both systems I would say that the online for ps3 is not as user friendly as the 360!

Sigh one reason why consoles are stifling innovation. Also how is it easier to program for a console rather then pc, it doesn't make since. Pc is always easier to program for especially when a console is based on it. Edited by Thor.

Sigh one reason why consoles are stifling innovation. Also how is it easier to program for a console rather then pc, it doesn't make since. Pc is always easier to program for especially when a console is based on it.

PC and xbox are pretty similar though.

Sigh one reason why consoles are stifling innovation. Also how is it easier to program for a console rather then pc, it doesn't make since. Pc is always easier to program for especially when a console is based on it.

What Marharth said, plus when programming for a console, you know exactly what hardware you are running, and know exactly what drivers are installed, et cetera. Basically, the 360 is a PC without all of the extra stuff that could go wrong, like malware, viruses, windows crashing all the time, extra cables, faulty installs, driver updates....