Reloading animation question.

Urwy

Alright, so i've started my first attempt to model a new gun. :happy:

The idea is to create a sort of homemade laser/plasma blaster out of a pile of junk and a shotgun that lobs the SEC itself which would act as a sort of miniature pulse grenade. and since an SEC consist of 3 'batteries' it provides 3 shots with a small radius of splash damage.

The gun requires you to load the SEC's as you would a shell in a single shotgun.

Now my question is: Is it possible to replace the shotgun shell in the default animation with a SEC? so that would be loaded into the breach.

And if it's possible how? a setting in the GECK? (i'm not that familiar with the geck yet :( )

EDIT:

QUESTION ANSWERED

But any additional hints are always welcome ;)

As far as I know the shell that's loaded into the gun is part of the gun mesh. It was this way in Fallout 3 so I think it would be the same for NV.

Edited by Urwy

As far as I know the shell that's loaded into the gun is part of the gun mesh. It was this way in Fallout 3 so I think it would be the same for NV.

Ah, I was afraid it would be something like that :( But all the more reason for me to get to know blender a little better, as i can't really seem to understand it :confused:

Thanks for the reply though! now i know where to look for a solution :)

Cheers! :thumbsup: