Why don't people share their creations?

abkopp

It takes a LOT of time and work to put a good mod together. Modders share their creations simply because they are proud of them and want others to enjoy them, and it is very hurtful to them when people just belittle them and attack them for it. Really, how would you feel if you spent a lot of time putting something together, for which you were VERY proud of yourself, and you decided to share it with the community, only to have people attacking you and calling you and your work garbage? That doesn't motivate anyone to keep modding and sharing.. It's just a terrible thing. Edited by Lehcar

Well I dont release my custom characters because... you just will not role play them right.

Yeah thats right that is my biggest issue, I have their entire history and life set up I have their hates and likes and why they do what they do. Do I want someone to take my hard worked character who is say gay and put him in pictures with big breasted bimbos and call them his GF? No, that is not playing him right!

Its a odd reason but it really truely bothers me deeply to see people use my characters and not play them the way I intended.

I also do not share my tattoos/scars/piercings because its a lot of hard work and I dont think you all deserve my work, people steal and are just plan rude...

Yet some how I keep sharing my creations so be grateful for what you get, and LEARN yourself. Thats why I learned everything I know today, I saw AlienSlof's Basil and wanted him but I could never have him so I learned to make my own things and am a better person for it.

ok 1st i have "0" artistic talent.... i can edit but minimal.... and i work and have a life away from my PC so i haven't had the time to learn how to mod (not saying i don't intend to learn cause i do)

i would have to say for the people who do share there work, they are putting themselves out there to be criticized or congratulated its always a 50/50 chance with either.

now for those who don't that too is alright. for what ever reason its their choice and no one can be mad or upset

its just a game and its meant to be fun

mods are cool and they add, change, and or edit the base game to make more fun, interesting, and or easier for the user

over all modder have full control and 100% say as to what they do with their mods, we the people apart of the community (weather or not u contribute) have no right to look down on those who mod but decide not to share

One reason for not sharing that has not been mentioned yet is that, for certain types of mods, setting up for publishing takes more time and effort than creating the mod in the first place.

I, myself, have a few that would get a lot of attention if published, but each would need one or two months to 'package' them for sharing. I just don't have that time. Besides, this kind of work is very boring and modding has all to do with having fun on your free time.