Windows 7 64 bit can't unzip oblivion mod files

EVOL138

Hello,

I'm running windows 7 64 bit. I have win rar and it was working great now all of a sudden, I can't unzip any mod files into the data folder. Any ideas?

I can unzip them to the desktop but not to the data folder. I even reinstalled the game and still can't unzip them.

Thanks

Edited by EVOL138

With most games on Windows 7 it is recommended to install the game to a different location other than the default location the installer chooses (in other words, select the custom install option and simply choose a different directory rather than C:/Program Files (x86) etc.).

If this doesn't solve your problem you may have some other issues that don't have anything to do with the game.

I just heard of someone else having the same problem with winrar and 7zip. this one

Question: Does this problem affect also files that are completely game unrelated, i.e.:Can you zip/unzip anything else to any other location?

If you can't make it work, I ask you:

Did you install any VERY recent Windows Update that might be causing this problem? I don't know if this is even possible. But if uac off you suddenly can't make your 7zip/winrar work for anything...there should be something wrong, and that is not Oblivion.