No ESM files

grant290186

Project beauty, MMM, FWE,Enhanced weather, NMC texture pack EVE. It didn't even have CRAFT.Esm or CALIBR.esm last night so I uninstalled fallout and FOMM then reinstalled but still the same. All ESP files are there And in there masters list it lists esm.

Fellout works because it doesn't req a esm

I have unistalled again now and reinstalled to a different directory an am going to try again when I get home. I'll keep u posted. Thanks.

Edited by grant290186

grant290186 - Hello!

If you go to your Fallout 3\Data folder, can you see the CRAFT.esm?

Can you see any of the .esm files you've installed in your Fallout 3\Data folder?

If you can't see any & you're certain you've put the .esm files into your data folder, what operating system are you running?

If it's Vista or Win7 is Fallout 3 in Program files?

If that applies, check your Fallout 3 Data folder for a "Compatibility files" button just above the contents & below the address bar. If it's there, click on it & if your .esm files are within, move them to your Fallout 3\Data folder proper.

If the .esm files are in your data folder, check to see if they have padlocks on them. If they do have padlocks, move them onto the desktop & back EXACTLY where they came from. That should remove the padlock symbol & allow them to work properly.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

I am running windows 7. I will try this when I get home later tonight. I have installed fallout to c:\games now rather than program files(x84). I am installing the mods through FOMM rather than extracting strait to data so they are easier to uninstall later on if I need to. Will this make a difference, I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 year later...

grant290186 - Hello!

If you go to your Fallout 3\Data folder, can you see the CRAFT.esm?

Can you see any of the .esm files you've installed in your Fallout 3\Data folder?

If you can't see any & you're certain you've put the .esm files into your data folder, what operating system are you running?

If it's Vista or Win7 is Fallout 3 in Program files?

If that applies, check your Fallout 3 Data folder for a "Compatibility files" button just above the contents & below the address bar. If it's there, click on it & if your .esm files are within, move them to your Fallout 3\Data folder proper.

If the .esm files are in your data folder, check to see if they have padlocks on them. If they do have padlocks, move them onto the desktop & back EXACTLY where they came from. That should remove the padlock symbol & allow them to work properly.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

I have the same problem as grant290186...My .esm and .esp files are missing in FOMM list.That occured when I wanted to change the body pack with a different one.When I deactivated the first body pack the .esm files from that mod didn't disappear...I had to right-click on them and on that body pack in package manager and press delete to actually delete them.But then I installed a new body pack via FOMM and no .esm files showed up.Later I've tried to install old body pack and when I did that no .esm files showed in FOMM main screen...I am running win7 ultimate and i have installed Fallout in program files.I checked data folder and there I can see fallout3.esm and CrossModData.esm but I can't see any .esm file from the body packs...Also there is no folder named Compatibility files.

I have the same problem as grant290186...My .esm and .esp files are missing in FOMM list.That occured when I wanted to change the body pack with a different one.When I deactivated the first body pack the .esm files from that mod didn't disappear...I had to right-click on them and on that body pack in package manager and press delete to actually delete them.But then I installed a new body pack via FOMM and no .esm files showed up.Later I've tried to install old body pack and when I did that no .esm files showed in FOMM main screen...I am running win7 ultimate and i have installed Fallout in program files.I checked data folder and there I can see fallout3.esm and CrossModData.esm but I can't see any .esm file from the body packs...Also there is no folder named Compatibility files.

I've found a solution...I went to Fallout install folder and there i went to FOMM folder.I that folder I went into mods folder and just double-clicked the mods from which .esm files were missing or mods that didn't have .esm files but still didn't work.Then when FOMM asked me if I wanted to make a copy of the original I said no and just exited package manager.Note that I did that with closed FOMM.Missing .esm files appeared and other mods that didn't work started working.Hope this helps someone.