Mod Conflicts

markmc01

I am not the most proficient person when it comes to understanding how mods normally work. Usually I just install them into the main directory and hope they wok. However, I've been having a crashing issue with FNV and I cannot identify why. I downloaded FNVEdit and ran a conflict filter, but I do not understand how to read the results. Pleas can somebody with more knowledge on the issue help me. I've uploaded a screenshot of FNVEditor after running the filter. Thank you ahead of time for the assistance.

I am not the most proficient person when it comes to understanding how mods normally work. Usually I just install them into the main directory and hope they wok. However, I've been having a crashing issue with FNV and I cannot identify why. I downloaded FNVEdit and ran a conflict filter, but I do not understand how to read the results. Pleas can somebody with more knowledge on the issue help me. I've uploaded a screenshot of FNVEditor after running the filter. Thank you ahead of time for the assistance.

I've decided to add my Load order in case it's the reason for lack of responds. Otherwise I'm still at a loss of what to do and really need help in this regard.

As you're using OFT, then you don't need the IWR-Rebuilt.esp file.

That wouldn't be a cause of your crashes though. (certain areas where they both edited may look a bit weird)

IWR.esm and the other OFT files work fine together.

Just because FNVEdit shows 'conflicts' that doesn't mean your game WILL crash, or become unstable.

If you use BOSS to manage the load order, and create a merged patch (as you have), then that's normally all you have to do.

You should read the install instructions for each mod though. Installing and hoping for the best will only get you so far.

I'm not familiar with the mods you have installed to know if the combination will cause problems.

As you're using OFT, then you don't need the IWR-Rebuilt.esp file.

That wouldn't be a cause of your crashes though. (certain areas where they both edited may look a bit weird)

IWR.esm and the other OFT files work fine together.

Just because FNVEdit shows 'conflicts' that doesn't mean your game WILL crash, or become unstable.

If you use BOSS to manage the load order, and create a merged patch (as you have), then that's normally all you have to do.

You should read the install instructions for each mod though. Installing and hoping for the best will only get you so far.

I'm not familiar with the mods you have installed to know if the combination will cause problems.

Thank you for a responds. I've deleted the IWR-Rebuilt file as you stated because of redundancy. I have used the BOSS load order and (as you stated) the merger patch. As far as I know I did read all the installation instructions for their load order. Another user on another forum said the most effective way to determine what is the causative mod would be to turn them all off, and then start by turning them all on -one by one. The only problem that this persist to me is that the crashing is random, and sometimes doesn't happen for an hour, or it could be in minutes. That's why I posted the FNVedit clip because I thought it would limit the effecting mods down. Thanks for the advice so far. I'm still open to suggestions, as I work on this problem.

Edited by markmc01

Yeah there are no mods there that jump out at me as incompatible (in that 2 mods try to do the same thing in different ways).

I don't blame you for not wanting to try to remove mods. That's only really useful if you are (erm lucky enough?) to get a repeatable crash.

The top view of FNVEdit conflicts is not that useful. You really need to drill down to the conflicting resource and then have enough knowledge to recognise if the conflict is serious.

If your net connection sometimes drops out then try running the game in offline mode through Steam.

Also, Take a look at Gopher's recent uploads. His 'performance' tips are good advice that could possibly help reduce the random type of crashes.

He also has uploaded a tutorial on FNVEdit conflict detection (I think).

Yeah there are no mods there that jump out at me as incompatible (in that 2 mods try to do the same thing in different ways).

I don't blame you for not wanting to try to remove mods. That's only really useful if you are (erm lucky enough?) to get a repeatable crash.

The top view of FNVEdit conflicts is not that useful. You really need to drill down to the conflicting resource and then have enough knowledge to recognise if the conflict is serious.

If your net connection sometimes drops out then try running the game in offline mode through Steam.

Also, Take a look at Gopher's recent uploads. His 'performance' tips are good advice that could possibly help reduce the random type of crashes.

He also has uploaded a tutorial on FNVEdit conflict detection (I think).

Thank you for the suggestion to check out Gopher's posts. I only took a look at one so far (his performance video) and it was great information. I have yet to apply his suggestions, as I viewed them at a different machine, but I will report back later if they worked. I didn't even know that NV was not using my full 4GB of memory. Thanks for the reply tunaisafish.

Edited by markmc01