PC to run Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim on highest possible settings w

w2drs21

PC to run Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim on highest possible maximum settings without graphics mods and with hdr and aa.

I may be building a pc to do some would like some suggestions.

First is building a custom gaming pc difficult to do?

Second could i build a gaming pc to run Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim at their highest possible max outed setting without any lag for a pc withthe max spending limit of 1400 us dollars?

and I know Skyrims pc requirements are not out yet but any estimates would be appreciated.

thanks

-w2drs21

Edited by w2drs21

You're after two different machines, really.

Morrowind and Oblivion are fundamentally single core, 32 bit, single thread games - so a very fast single or dual core processor, 4GB RAM, and a very fast single or dual core graphics card with 1GB+ of VRAM would be best.

Skyrim, however, should (hopefully) be written to take advantage of five years of Computer improvements, so a large number of reasonably fast CPU cores, Windows 7 64 bit, loads of RAM, and a pair of slaved graphics cards with 1GB VRAM apiece should be best for that.

Oblivion, with all the major eye candy mods (QTP3, RAEVWD, Better Cities and Unique Landscapes), can bring ANY system to its knees, purely because it cannot multi-thread and multicore effectively.