Suggestions for mods

funnyjunkie89

Well, I have been playing both Oblivion and Fallout games for a long time.

Now I am looking for some mods, and I don't know what to pick?

Could anyone suggest any mods? (Please, no Anime stuff and Nude mods, I want my game to be realistic, not some japanese child-tentacle-rape)

We have well over 20,000 Oblivion mods. You told us some of what you don't like - that eliminates around 100. What do you like? Contrary to what some people seem to think very few of our mods are either nude or anime. Some body mods can be nude if you remove all of the clothing (what's not realistic about that?) But even those have non nude versions where when clothing is removed they are left wearing underwear.

Check the top 100 lists for the most popular mods. 95% of any recommendations you get here will be those mods - and there is a top 100 list that is non-adult only.

If you encounter a mod that does not fit your personal taste, just pass it up. There are thousands more out there. :thumbsup:

It also helps if you tell us a bit about your personal tastes, I mean these topics are pretty common and often times people give you a moment of their time to type something up and try and help you. Imagine the slight irritation of "Uhh, thanks but I'm not really interested in those type of mods"... Now multiply it by the thousands of these topics that there are.

Anyway, below is my generic thing so I don't take too much of my time. It contains some of my "must haves", a number of lists, "tops", help sites, and stuff like that. It also has some questions for you to answer so that we can better help you find the mods you'll love.

GENERIC POST FOR THESE TOPICS:

If you want the most help possible it helps to give as much information, and uniqueness as possible.

Here's my generic written thing for these topics. if you want something specific give more details. I ask some questions in the below text as a small guide line. You can answer them if you wish:

Lists and resources for finding many popular mods, and some good mods:

(note the distinction between the two, don't just follow mindless peer pressure, try and make your own opinions and find what you'll like)

List of lists:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?showtopic=1010109

Top 100

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/top/alltime.php

Files of the months:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/filesofthemonth.php

Hall of fame:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivionmods.HOF

Categories, Tag search, advanced search

General help in terms of installing, utilities, workshops, etc.:

TESCOSI

Oblivion mod wiki

TES Alliance (Check The Enclave forum, the Oblivion forum, or the Voice actor forum depending on your pursuits)

Bethsoft forums-Oblivion: (Hardware/software for non mod related issues, Mods for mod users, Construction set for making mods.)

List of topics exactly like yours generic pleadings for "Any mods?" that have already been answered:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1072579-the-any-mods-list-of-topics/

Read the AZERessential topics to get the basic "get wryebash, OBMM, OBSE, start slow" basic advice for starters recommendations

If you want any further help I suggest you tell us about yourself; what you like and what you're looking for... Here's some questions to get you started:

Have you played Oblivion already?

What sort of things interest you?

What type of Character do you usually play? (good/evil, theif/mage, roleplayer/random-no-story-hack-and-slasher?)

Are there specific types of mods you think would interest you? (Quests, graphic mods, gameplay mods, overhauls, etc.)

When did you leave?

What did you not like about Oblivion? What did Oblivion not have or need more of?

Male or female character?

For the occasional "What are your must haves?"

Mostly quest mods: http://kno.li/i

My favorite quests are:

Integration (my most favorite)

Malevolent, Runied tail, Tears of the fiend

Windfall

The Blackwood company

Dremora Companion

Servant of the Dawn

Imperial Legion Faction

Gameplay mods:

Hear No Evil

Vector

Crime Has Witnesses

Audacious Magery

Conduit magic

Custom spell Icons

Training cattle

Keychain

Refscope(good for troubleshooting)

Vows and Covenants

Pluke's roleplaying persuasion

LAME (Needed for Integration)

RBP (Needed for Integration)

I'm mostly a quest mod player and I recently posted a big rundown for most of them that I've played here and here.

(Some of these are probably outdated by now)

S'lider's Copy/paste

SkyRanger-1's

Pseron Wyrd's top 10 (Don't really want a lot top 10's or simple lists but I'm desperate for cop/pastes at the moment)

Tommy H's

For scenic eye candy -

QTP3

RAEVWD

Unique Landscapes

Weather - All Natural

Your choice of night sky replacer

Roberts Male Body Replacer

Whichever female body replacer you prefer

Stock clothing and armour replacers for both of the above

TNR (Final) and Hotter Younger NPC (female) - if they ever do a male version I'll grab that too

Creature retexture mods

All of the dozens of retextured and remeshed clutter item mods

And my personal additions to that

Cava Obscura (I like dark caves)

Any one of the droppable torch mods that suits you.

mod which adds Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean as their characters - so the voice fits the face properly!

Thanks, those were helpful.

I mostly downloaded nature mods, texture packs, and immersive interiors. I love realistic and beautiful mods. I wish when I play my game to relax and enjoy it.

How relaxed? Are you just not 100% motivated by combat and action like the game tries to for you to be, or are you a complete pacifist. I mean theres:

graphical and enviromental mods like you mentioned.

There's mods tht allow for more options and more socialization like persuasion overhauls, NPC's yield, Integration: The Stranded Light, etc.

And then there's a few mods that make things less violent and more peaceful, usually they're extreme changes like getting rid of all enemies, or making it where no one attacks.