Render Creation Error

k1n9krom

Hello all,

I am hoping that someone has ran into this problem before.

I have a error that says: Render creation error: ""

This happens just after I click the play button on the initial menu.

I have morrowind installed along with tribunal and bloodmoon.

I have also installed a graphics extender that I have found on Name of pirate site removed, the link is below:

Removed pirate link

I have followed the instructions that were in this mod, and extracted all files to the correct place.

I have installed Directx 9.0c Because before I installed this, the game gave errors about some .dll file that was missing. I did some research and found that I needed directx 9.0c for this error to go away. So i installed it and the error went away. now I have a render creation error. I have done all the tests in the directX diagnostics and they have all passed.

my video drivers are up to date, and I've tried the latest ones from both Dell and Intel for my specific on-board graphics. neither work with the mod, but both work with the un-modded version of morrowind.

I am using 32bit true color (even tried the others)

I am trying to run it in 1024x768 resolution (have tried 800x600 settings in windows and in game initial menu under options, and variations thereof)

I even read in one place that the MGE application that comes with it needs .NET 2.0 to run, so I installed that hoping that I could run the MGE exe and change some graphic settings to a lower setting but, before .net 2.0 it said failed to initialize, and now it just comes up with a error report asking me if I want to send it to microsoft. (i sent it.) So I thought that maybe this version of .NET had some updates that might need installing. Microsoft did have updates for it and I installed them and restarted (again) and no luck.

I have also tried disabling the extra data files and this does not help.

I have tried fixes after every failure to run and have then restarted my computer to try to run it again and no dice.

Oh, and morrowind works fine without the mods, with the graphics jacked all the way up.

And after the installation of the mod, there is a exe file in the morrowind directory called "morrowind original.exe" and this works fine, but the Morrowind.exe and Morrowind Launcher.exe does not work correctly, they give the Render Creation Error.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 with 760mb of ram. the ram is the only thing that has been upgraded.

Could it be that the mod is not compatible with my onboard graphics but morrowind by itself somehow is?

Or perhaps this is a defunct mod?

I am really at a loss, and I really have tried to resolve this myself, I've done a ton of forum reading for the past 7 hours trying to fix this guys....

I'm really hoping this is some simple-stupid fix that I have overlooked.

Somebody please help me, or at least point me in the right direction.

Edited to remove link to pirated material. Bben46

That torrent contains illegally pirated material - including Several Bethesda DLCs for Morrowind

Posting a link to a pirated (Stolen) material gets you an instant ban.

Go back to your pirate friends for help with their stolen DLCs. We do not support piracy in any way - including helping them with the problems they created by using stolen material.

Bben46, Moderator