Sheath Swap

Nealus

To quote the file text from hidden files (not done by mods/admins)

"....owner of the file does not want people to see or download the file at this time. Please respect that."

Your best bet would be to search google.

• 7 years later...

Sheath Swap mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37502

Anybody know why every pose from all pose mods, can't be activated during Swap mode (after press H key)?

The pose can only be activated if you go back to the original orientation.

Any solution will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-lovender-

Sheath Swap mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37502

Anybody know why every pose from all pose mods, can't be activated during Swap mode (after press H key)?

The pose can only be activated if you go back to the original orientation.

Any solution will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-lovender-

Quite the thread necromancy, but in a way it is related.

To answer your question, the mod page itself explains it best:

== How's it work? ==

An additional 3rd person skeleton has been added with the back and sideweapon bones swapped.

A set of animations for this skeleton are included which also have back and sideweapon references swapped.

Of these animations, onehand equip and unequip animations have been renamed to twohand, and vice-versa.

When the player equips a re-oriented weapon, the player skeleton is reassigned to this new skeleton.

When the player unequips a re-oriented weapon, the player skeleton is reverted back to default.

(With a hex editor and sufficient motivation, one could create a compatible set of alternate animations for use with any animation replacer.)

The new skeleton and animations can be overridden by placing replacements in "data\characters\_katana\"

== Additional Info ==

It appears that Get Up and The Jump Project 1.2 animations are already compatible (they have no back/sideweapon bones), they just need to be copied to the right place:

- Extract the files to a temp folder

- Rename the _male folder to _katana

- Move the Meshes folder to your Data folder

The player's 3rd person skeleton is switched when weapon-orientation is switched.

Animations only work relative to the skeleton. Switch the skeleton and you switch the whole animation set it uses/can use.

By switching to "meshes/characters/_katana" (does the description have a typo here?) the animation set is also switched to everything inside this folder, -not- inside "meshes/characters/_male" anymore, as where all animation mods otherwise go.

So if you do as told and copy&paste all the files and folders of those animation mods into "meshes/characters/_katana" as well, they'll work fine again even while weapons are switched... "provided they do not contain conflicting bones" as the author explained. But it's just a matter of trying it out to see for yourself.

Quite the thread necromancy, but in a way it is related.

To answer your question, the mod page itself explains it best:

== How's it work? ==
An additional 3rd person skeleton has been added with the back and sideweapon bones swapped.
A set of animations for this skeleton are included which also have back and sideweapon references swapped.
Of these animations, onehand equip and unequip animations have been renamed to twohand, and vice-versa.
When the player equips a re-oriented weapon, the player skeleton is reassigned to this new skeleton.
When the player unequips a re-oriented weapon, the player skeleton is reverted back to default.

(With a hex editor and sufficient motivation, one could create a compatible set of alternate animations for use with any animation replacer.)
The new skeleton and animations can be overridden by placing replacements in "data\characters\_katana\"

== Additional Info ==
It appears that Get Up and The Jump Project 1.2 animations are already compatible (they have no back/sideweapon bones), they just need to be copied to the right place:
- Extract the files to a temp folder
- Rename the _male folder to _katana
- Move the Meshes folder to your Data folder

The player's 3rd person skeleton is switched when weapon-orientation is switched.
Animations only work relative to the skeleton. Switch the skeleton and you switch the whole animation set it uses/can use.
By switching to "meshes/characters/_katana" (does the description have a typo here?) the animation set is also switched to everything inside this folder, -not- inside "meshes/characters/_male" anymore, as where all animation mods otherwise go.

So if you do as told and copy&paste all the files and folders of those animation mods into "meshes/characters/_katana" as well, they'll work fine again even while weapons are switched... "provided they do not contain conflicting bones" as the author explained. But it's just a matter of trying it out to see for yourself.

Hi, DrakeTheDragon

Thanks for your explanation.

But I did as told and copy&paste all the all the files and folders of those animation mods into "meshes/characters/_katana" before I create this topic. But still the animations still not triggered.

Here's my 1st theory:

All the pose mod always activate animations from _male/Idleanims folder.

Sheath swap mode use the animations from _katana folder.

Then I think I just have to also swap all .esp files of the pose mod to trigger the animation from all the animations I copy&pasted to _katana folder.

I tried to analize one of the .esp file and found that the pose is trigger from Miscellaneous tab > AnimObject.

In one of the mod object there, there is an object that use the path: characters/_male/Idleanims by default.

So the only question is: how to create the path: characters/_katana/Idleanims in the creation kit?

If it can be done, then I think what I'm gonna do is to create alternate esp files for every pose mod if I want to use Sheath Swap mod.

Hopefully my 1st theory is right.

2nd theory:

Maybe all the animations in _katana folder should be made compatible with sheath swap mod.

If the 2nd theory is the right one, then I think it's out of my reach... :confused:

Edited by lovender

Actually, the animations themselves are defined inside "Gameplay" > "Idle Animations..." from the top menu bar, not any of the records found inside the Object Window.

But you're right it seems. They actually do specify the entire path, starting from "Characters", including "_male", for each.

So if your suspicion is right, all those coming from the idle animations mod would have to be duplicated and switched to the other path.

But the real trouble will be the controlling changes. Those mods mostly work by adding invisible (unplayable) misc items (=tokens) into inventories, and these idle animations in the idle manager are set up in way so they play when the respective token was found. Which token is added to the inventory controls which idle animation will be playing while it is.

Having both the normal and the switched animation use the same token should only lead to the idle manager not being able to select, or select the wrong one sometimes. The switched animations would need their "own" tokens. But then the scripting adding the tokens according to the menu selection would also have to be changed/expanded.

Easiest solution would be to duplicate the plugin itself, rename it, edit it in the CS and change all its animations' paths. Leaving the tokens intact inside their own plugin will isolate them from the other plugin's tokens absolutely fine, even with the exact same EditorIDs. And leaving their EditorIDs unchanged will make it so the scripts also won't need to be changed. Only thing left is making the trigger for the selection different for normal or switched. But this will also be, as they're either an activateable item or a spell, and these will again be isolated duplicates on their own when the entire plugin is duplicated. You'll just get confused by their identical "display names", not being able to tell them apart. But this can easily be fixed by "renaming" these for the copied plugin inside the CS.

Actually, the animations themselves are defined inside "Gameplay" > "Idle Animations..." from the top menu bar, not any of the records found inside the Object Window.

But you're right it seems. They actually do specify the entire path, starting from "Characters", including "_male", for each.

So if your suspicion is right, all those coming from the idle animations mod would have to be duplicated and switched to the other path.

But the real trouble will be the controlling changes. Those mods mostly work by adding invisible (unplayable) misc items (=tokens) into inventories, and these idle animations in the idle manager are set up in way so they play when the respective token was found. Which token is added to the inventory controls which idle animation will be playing while it is.

Having both the normal and the switched animation use the same token should only lead to the idle manager not being able to select, or select the wrong one sometimes. The switched animations would need their "own" tokens. But then the scripting adding the tokens according to the menu selection would also have to be changed/expanded.

Easiest solution would be to duplicate the plugin itself, rename it, edit it in the CS and change all its animations' paths. Leaving the tokens intact inside their own plugin will isolate them from the other plugin's tokens absolutely fine, even with the exact same EditorIDs. And leaving their EditorIDs unchanged will make it so the scripts also won't need to be changed. Only thing left is making the trigger for the selection different for normal or switched. But this will also be, as they're either an activateable item or a spell, and these will again be isolated duplicates on their own when the entire plugin is duplicated. You'll just get confused by their identical "display names", not being able to tell them apart. But this can easily be fixed by "renaming" these for the copied plugin inside the CS.

So, do you know how to change the animations path?

I can only find mod object in Miscellaneous tab > AnimObject with one of the options path: characters/_male/Idleanims

I scroll down the options, but there is no _katana/Idleanims path, so it has to be made.

If you know how, please let me know, then I'll work on it ASAP.

Thanks

Edited by lovender

Like I said, look at your top "menu bar", the same where "Files" is to be found for loading a plugin. There's a menu "Gameplay", close to the end of its pulldown an entry "Idle Animations...". There you'll find them all, and there you can change the KF files they use, including paths to them.

I don't know what exactly there is inside the "Miscellaneous" > "AnimObject" category in the "Object Window", but AnimObjects should only be items spawned while a certain animation is playing, like the mug of beer during the drinking idle, the broom during the sweeping one, etc.

I'll take another look at it though. Now you got me curious.

If you still can't find the "Idle Animations..." from my description, I'll also provide a screenshot as soon as my free time allows for me to start the CS again and do so.

edit: Ah, found an explanation in the WiKi in the meantime. Couldn't wrap my head around why there would be animation paths inside the AnimObjects, but yes, there actually are.

https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Anim_Object

https://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Idle_Animations

(Now if just their pictures would still exist. You would've found the Idle Manager in no time from them.)

Like I said, look at your top "menu bar", the same where "Files" is to be found for loading a plugin. There's a menu "Gameplay", close to the end of its pulldown an entry "Idle Animations...". There you'll find them all, and there you can change the KF files they use, including paths to them.

Found the menu "Gameplay > Idle Animations".

But, oh no... this is bad... It seems like you cannot change the path...

Because there is the Characters/_Male/IdleAnims tree, but you cannot duplicate them and rename it to Characters/_Katana/IdleAnims.

Even if you try to edit the file from _katana/IdleAnims folder, there will be error message "invalid directory".

Any idea how to create the new _katana path or to rename _male path?