A Car Door

Mushasil

Now this has been in my mind for quite long and I never understood why nobody made it yet.

There are tons of cars around the Wastelands, yet people only use the tires to protect themselves.

Why not rip out a car door and use it as a shield?

For one, there is no shields ingame. It isn't Oblivion so you would have to script them in as a new object with a new animation.

For one, there is no shields ingame. It isn't Oblivion so you would have to script them in as a new object with a new animation.

Or one could simply add the object to the arm and give it a DT Bonus. (as a Glove model)

I haven't checked out the Captain America shield, not sure how that one works.

Edited by Mushasil

I'd think thematics trump dreary realism.

This is a good idea, and conveniently I was already working on a shield mod for melee characters- where the shield would be used as a weapon, and take damage for you when hit. The new mesh I was using was a tad unreliable so I never actually implemented it properly, but it should be possible to use a car door.

Ummm...

This

and

and this

show why that would be.... foolish.

Eeeeh? That's clearly not the same material as cars in Fallout are made of, have you tried blowing up those cars? They can't even be damaged!

@ TalkieToaster - Sounds good. It's a shame you can't use a shield and a gun at the same time though. Would a new glove mesh model be able to hold a gun, while also holding a shield.

I was thinking of it as being a fully functional shield, not something in the glove slot. That's why I posted that, but there is another glove slot one in TG's Armor Collection. I think it is a roman shield.

I was thinking of it as being a fully functional shield, not something in the glove slot. That's why I posted that, but there is another glove slot one in TG's Armor Collection. I think it is a roman shield.

Well, what I didn't like about this is that we won't be able to use a weapon while wielding the shield, unless someone comes up with a dual wield mod.

That's why I thought a glove mesh would be more suitable.

I had another idea while looking at some mods with throwing stars. A weapon that uses throwing stars as ammo and shoots them at your enemies.

Nah, I played around with that idea but it needed skeleton & bodypart data changes, and it caused crashes.