Skyrim vs Witcher 2

uzzui

Sorry if this topic exists, but i was just wondering what do you think is better? Personally i think Witcher isnt even RPG, for example you dont have freedom like in TES games, its linear, and worse of all main character is ugly guy. But many people find witchers graphics better. In my opinion Skyrim will be way better and complex game.

I'm a fan of the Witcher series and have been following the polish developers with great interest for a while now. The witcher 2 has amazing graphics and in my opinion a really captivating story. However I believe Skyrim will smash it out of the ball park. A sandbox rpg where you can create your own story. The graphics look great and we haven't even seen the HD graphics for pc yet. One thing I'm concerned for is the story. I hope the developers worked hard on the story to really have you sucked into the fantasy. Oblivion's story wasn't that great, it was rather shallow actually. That can be a risk with 'free roam' sandbox rpg's but something that can be solved with dedication. I really hope Skyrim offers a fine balance between an interactive story and freedom toward personal imagination. Ao basically, yeah The Witcher 2 pleased me with its story and visuals but I think Skyrim should be an all round exciting experience that one will want to replay again and again.

Witcher 2 was a great game I love it but once it ended I never got back to it really as there was nothing to do anymore.I don´t think comparing witcher to skyrim is fair cause even though they are both good RPG they are very different, but i I had to choose only one I´d choose skyrim.

Skyrim isnt out and they are two completely different types of RPG .. I could give you my personal feelings on the subject and that is I don't like the Witcher because they force you into someone with a pre defined look and role as well as it being linear .. BUT .. Thats purely my personal opinion since the games cannot fairly be compared.

Skyrim is an ORPG

The witcher is an RPG

Skyrim was designed to be a *sand box style* game, while the witcher was designed as a traditional role playing game, really pointless comparing the two,

Ouch .. "traditional" sorry man but I have to disagree with that.. strongly .. traditional RPGs are by all account western RPGs that fallow the general D&D style gameplay "The first real ROLE PLAYING GAME" I think the word RPG gets used to much .. By loose enough standards you could argue that GTA is a role playing game .. You play a role .. But in a "traditional" RPG the role is defined by you like D&D .. I still think the Witcher is an RPG but certainly not a traditional RPG.