Acrobatics and Atheltics? WTF!

deama

In Oblivion, I'm pretty sure that both light and heavy armors equal out in pretty much every way at the highest skill level and I didn't like that all too much. The benefits of each armor should be exclusive to each armor.

Unless you grind in the beginning before you start actually questing, you won't be spending most of the game with a maximum skill level in your chosen armor type.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the way I play, most of my combat involved abilities become high level really fast. Pretty much, it's less questing at the beginning for me and more dungeon diving. Kill everything in the dungeon, get loot, move on to another dungeon, killing every badguy I spot between. Though it's only that fast when I play a melee like a fighter or knight. Regardless of my playstyle, the fact that heavy and light armor equal out at end levels means that the only difference between the two is your means of gameplay till master level. I'd like them to be completely different.

old news is old.

edit: this topic should inform you about the skills and perks in skyrim http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/420437-the-18-skills-of-skyrim/

Old. Meme is old. Plus, OP wasn't presenting this as news so I don't see what the point of your response was...except for wasting time maybe?

My thoughts are even though these were a couple of my last choices to upgrade, the more options, the better; same thing for the whole piece armor. I prefer to have as many options to mix and match. It's a single player game so who gives a f*** if my armor isn't cohesive.

old news is old.

edit: this topic should inform you about the skills and perks in skyrim http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/420437-the-18-skills-of-skyrim/

Old. Meme is old. Plus, OP wasn't presenting this as news so I don't see what the point of your response was...except for wasting time maybe?

My thoughts are even though these were a couple of my last choices to upgrade, the more options, the better; same thing for the whole piece armor. I prefer to have as many options to mix and match. It's a single player game so who gives a f*** if my armor isn't cohesive.

Ignore the meme .. I don't like calling people trolls but that was trollish on his/her part :P .. This topic is good and serves as something to talk about .. with that mindset we might as well not talk at all .. we all know the facts and we all know talking about what isnt known yet is pointless right? .. why even have a forum? or right.. cause talking about these things is fun :D .. I myself hope these skills return in future games but are handled in better ways .. I think for this entry in the series they were romoved for good reason

old news is old.

Ignore the meme .. I don't like calling people trolls but that was trollish on his/her part :P .. This topic is good and serves as something to talk about .. with that mindset we might as well not talk at all .. we all know the facts and we all know talking about what isnt known yet is pointless right? .. why even have a forum? or right.. cause talking about these things is fun :D .. I myself hope these skills return in future games but are handled in better ways .. I think for this entry in the series they were romoved for good reason

doesnt change the fact this has been posted many times. call me a troll but this "Acrobatics and Atheltics BOO HOO" was all over the place in this forum many times.

And the fact that this topic is still going says people haven't given up on the skills either .. Just cause some people talked about these within and earlier thread doesn't mean people still don't want to talk about it in a more specific thread "which clearly a lot of people are still interested in it" there are plenty of more pointless threads out there and at least this is still generating interesting points of view now and then and of course not everyone was in the last conversation. its all good ^_^

i think its agood idea to remove them because there was no use in them, appart from making your character look stupid and run and jump like they had godly powers.

Thats what I mean .. I think it could be done right with the proper animations and right restrictions but not this time around sadly.. I'm 100% certain the next elder scrolls game will be on DX11 and the next gen consoles since they are sure to work on fallout 4 next and that will take a year or two .. the next gen of consoles is around the corner .. and as good as PC are these days they are still being limited by consoles .. the animations look bad mostly due to the physics they use .. take GTA for example .. but having a complex aniamtion system in an open world RPG like this is to much for this gen of consoles to handle so the epic jumps look weird and floaty .. I could see a better physics animation system work with a super jump

i think its agood idea to remove them because there was no use in them, appart from making your character look stupid and run and jump like they had godly powers.

Thats what I mean .. I think it could be done right with the proper animations and right restrictions but not this time around sadly.. I'm 100% certain the next elder scrolls game will be on DX11 and the next gen consoles since they are sure to work on fallout 4 next and that will take a year or two .. the next gen of consoles is around the corner .. and as good as PC are these days they are still being limited by consoles .. the animations look bad mostly due to the physics they use .. take GTA for example .. but having a complex aniamtion system in an open world RPG like this is to much for this gen of consoles to handle so the epic jumps look weird and floaty .. I could see a better physics animation system work with a super jump

skyrim has DX11 and it wasnt remove because animations.

skyrim has DX11 and it wasnt remove because animations.

Is it using DX11 though? .. I doubt it .. only a handful of games have .. and I know thats not the only reason it was removed but it was a key reason .. the animation looked silly when the character started jumping to high and to far .. they claim that it was just a pointless skill and made dungeons harder to design for like with the teliport spell .. but even though I agreed with that reasoning earlier in the thread I still see some uses for it .. future more complex titles "fingers crossed" .. more = better