Geck is crashing when I load up some custom armors

Guy97

This is happening to me in both the F3 and FNV Geck, I go through and make my armor in Nifskope. After an hour or more I go into the Geck to place it ingame, and it crashes as soon as I go to load this up. It is very irratating. Also in another armor I made I used two mods, all of the stuff from one mod doesn't show up in the Geck/ingame. In the Geck it has been shrunk down to what looks like action figure size compared to rest of the stuff. That mod's gear works just fine in other armors I have created. If anyone knows any solutions to my problems please post it.

Thanks.

I had this problem for a long time with weapon models. The issue for me was that the node names didn't line up with what they should have been (usually the same exact name as the file I copied them from). If all the nodes and their children don't have the exact same names, then the mesh will crash the GECK.

Can you expand on what you are saying? I am not really sure what the children are and how to fix this.

Aright, I am not sure what was causing it, but it has stopped crashing the geck. However my armor is not showing up correctly in the Geck. Most of the armor is seperated. The vest is up high, then the arms and strap are where they should be, along with a knife addon that goes on the belt. Finally at the bottom there is the shoes. But at an action figure size there is the jeans, the belt, addons on the jeans, and the shirt.