Angel Park

G3Marksman943

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last I heard, Angel Park is "under review", which could mean a number of things. I am thinking maybe there was a claim of ported/ripped content, or possibly another modder's resources used without permission. I don't know for sure, so I'm just guessing at the moment. I was rather disappointed to find it inaccessible myself :( Edited by Druuler

There is an accusation that he used resource without permission so the file is locked when the moderators studies the case. If was an wrong report the file will came back.

The author is not banned as until now not was proved against him.

The Angel Park author nicked somebody else's land mod (Sun Valley) and added bits to it. The author of the Laser Katanas/Japanese Menace was banned for being 'rude'.

Just something to bear in mind when posting in comment threads- if you don't read the readme or the past few pages of comments and the modder snaps at you for your laziness, he may very well end up banned and his work gone.

E: For the people unsure/saying things aren't proven, you clearly haven't looked at the thread in the modder's forums. The Angel Park guy is 100% guilty. There were two nearly-identical screenshots, taken from exactly the same place in each mod, and the Angel Park one was Sun Valley + a building.

Edited by TheTalkieToaster

Except he didn't completely rip the mod, just the area. From what I read he added a huge quest and tons of new creatures. Sure, it's wrong and the author deserves to be banned, but now none of us will ever be able to play it.

Anyways, the endorsement topic is still up (albeit locked) and you can read into what happened.

Sure, it's wrong and the author deserves to be banned, but now none of us will ever be able to play it.
Oh how terrible for you all.

I'm pretty sure the goal of the modding community is to enjoy generating free content for fellow gamers. Not inflate our egos over who stole what from who.

Edited by urbex

Sure, it's wrong and the author deserves to be banned, but now none of us will ever be able to play it.
Oh how terrible for you all.

Hah, I read that, and then I read your signature. Haha. But anyways, you do the crime, your pay with time.

I could care less. Angel Valley was something I never wanted to download, as it was so out of the fallout universe it really just didn't make sense, and the textures looked nothing like the fallout ones. So everything just seems out of place when you'd leave the valley...