Actually Playing OB?

Guest deleted649591

Guest deleted649591

I have to wonder if anyone is really playing OB anymore. Just about every screenshot I see is just someone showing off their virtual barbie doll in some new outfit or pose. Seems maybe one in twenty shots are of an actual character doing part of a quests.

I've played through the game many times and I'm trying to come up with a reason to do it again, but after creating a new character I found that I just didn't have any motivation to do anything. I suppose I could have resorted to just taking screenshots, but I resisted.

Does anyone really get into and roleplay the story anymore at all?

Curious.

I spend a fair bit of time roleplaying a character. But I've also added a few other "big quest" mods which added a lot of complexity to the game, and have virtually ignored the main questline.

Every time I start a new game, I try to do at least one thing differently, at least one thing new, or something in a slightly different order. For example, in my most recent game, I decided to use only magic and a staff, because I had never done it before. However, I got bored of that by the end of the main quest, and I am now using a sword. Even after more than 6000 hours of total time playing this game, I am still not completely bored yet.

Only bought Oblivion about 2 1/2 years ago and have rotated with other games, so still plenty to do! Just started a new character and am very much enjoying it. Lots of quests/plot lines still to do and with quest mods and the like probably will still be playing OB for some years yet. By which time I'll have a better computer and be able to run Skyrim hopefully.

I do make a lot of characters just for the sake of making characters. Several of them aren't really going anywhere right now, I admit.

The ones I do enjoy playing tend to focus more on mod quests, since I find the main quest slightly boring. My main character recently blew through Dungeons of Ivellon and the first Gates of Aesgaard and is right now in the middle of Lost Spires. Meanwhile Martin is still flipping through the Mysterium Xarxes. I did intend to do some serious replaying of Shivering Isles, though I'm having trouble with the missing Gatekeeper bug and cheating myself through the gate isn't very satisfying.

Edited by Relativelybest

I'm playing a 2nd character after putting in 100 hours or so a couple years ago.

Never finished the main quest because I got sick of Oblivion gates and the levelling system.

At 30 hours now and only level 4 I can see I'm reaching a level of apathy.

I'm going to pursue the Dark Brotherhood path soon and try to finish some quest mods.

And that will probably be it.

But modelers probably do pics more than players and I don't know how to post em anyway.

I've added a ton of mods, and play for a wide variety of reasons: quests, new armors and weapons, new areas to visit, and in Companion Vilja's case, meeting a truly in-depth companion.

Of course, I played it through some time ago. This keeps it fresh.