NV GECK issue

Nierov

Hi everybody,

I'm just new on this forum :) I'm modding for a few weeks now, but mostly for myself.

I'll try to explain my issue as clear as possible but as you'll notice (or not...), english is not my mother language. So please, be gentle :)

Here is my issue with the GECK:

When I start the program, erverything seems to be fine.

However, when I try to open the FalloutNV.esm, the GECK start to load it but crash at 2% (not always on the same object, container, etc.. who's loading, but always at 2%).

I'm looking for days now to fix it but I didn't find anything on the web.

I tried to re-install Fallout NV, the GECK, drivers and other stuff, but still not working....

I'm running the NV GECK v.1.4 on Windows 7 (64bits) Integral N.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it please ?

Thank you in advance for your support :)

Edited by Nierov

Hi everybody,

I'm just new on this forum :) I'm modding for a few weeks now, but mostly for myself.

I'll try to explain my issue as clear as possible but as you'll notice (or not...), english is not my mother language. So please, be gentle :)

Here is my issue with the GECK:

When I start the program, erverything seems to be fine.

However, when I try to open the FalloutNV.esm, the GECK start to load it but crash at 2% (not always on the same object, container, etc.. who's loading, but always at 2%).

I'm looking for days now to fix it but I didn't find anything on the web.

I tried to re-install Fallout NV, the GECK, drivers and other stuff, but still not working....

I'm running the NV GECK v.1.4 on Windows 7 (64bits) Integral N.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it please ?

Thank you in advance for your support :)

The previous post is correct: GECK can take a long time to load, several minutes or even more, its system dependant ...

However, if you are actually waiting and it CTDs on its own (Crash to Desktop) then you might try this fix:

CFF Explorer

Read carefully the instructions by ccmechanic.

This solved a big headache for me when GECK was crashing trying to load dialogues, but the real issue is memory management, not necessarily dialogues in particular -- it's just they are large and so the crash happened on them. So you might give that a try if you are really getting CTD.

Edited by drakeelvin

TheReverendTholomewPlague, you were right.

The GECK was still loading and the esm has been completly loaded after 10-15min....I'm quiet upset as the 1.3 was loading the FalloutNV.esm in 2-3min....

Anyway, it works and that's the most important :) Thanks to you !

Hi Drakelvin,

Thanks for the information. I'll definitly have a look on this as I'm planning to work also on dialogues :)

Thank you for your help

"Problem" solved :)