Cowboys & Aliens

Gambinotot

As a science fiction fan, and a fan of the western apocalyptic universe of Fallout 3 NV, I'd love to see a detailed and well made copy of the wrist firearm from Cowboys & Aliens. It would be the coolest thing since sliced bread. Unless someone already made one and I can't seem to find it in my searches... Edited by Gambinotot

the problem is that there are no animations for wrist-mounted weapons. I've wanted to make something like that for much longer than Cowboys & Aliens has been advertised :P

using the punching animations won't work cause its swinging, and doesn't take advantage of projectiles very well.

using the pistol animations doesn't help much cause the hand is still vertical. but you could potentially do something with that still.

there aren't really many options.

the problem is that there are no animations for wrist-mounted weapons. I've wanted to make something like that for much longer than Cowboys & Aliens has been advertised :P

using the punching animations won't work cause its swinging, and doesn't take advantage of projectiles very well.

using the pistol animations doesn't help much cause the hand is still vertical. but you could potentially do something with that still.

there aren't really many options.

Is there a way that you could twist the animation for firing a pistol so that the hand is horizontal instead of vertical? Then maybe put the other hand underneath, like holding the wrist. I have no idea what I'm talking about by the way, just spitting ideas. ;)

Maybe you could you the pistol animation, but put something in the hand that is like a trigger for it, and then have the place the fires the projectile sorta around the wrist (for an image think where Peter Parker shoots stuff out.

this wouldn't be too difficult, except it would.. You would need to create a new nif for the wrist and then place say an invisible weapon way back, so that the barrel (which is invisible) is aimed out of the wrist. I

I thought that was a terrible movie btw, and I am a huge scifi fan.. but really, the aliens traveled billions of lightyears to get here, so that they could steal some gold? Gold? One of the most abundant elements in the universe? right...

this wouldn't be too difficult, except it would.. You would need to create a new nif for the wrist and then place say an invisible weapon way back, so that the barrel (which is invisible) is aimed out of the wrist. I

I thought that was a terrible movie btw, and I am a huge scifi fan.. but really, the aliens traveled billions of lightyears to get here, so that they could steal some gold? Gold? One of the most abundant elements in the universe? right...

Gold isn't one of the most abundant elements in the universe. I just happened to catch a History Channel show called Alien Ancients. On this show, most of the people sound like crazies, however; they do try to use as many facts as possible to contribute to their theory. This whole episode was about aliens coming to Earth for gold. Gold is made by some explosion in space and spreads throughout the universe. Look all the stuff gold is used to make (computer chips, cell phones, overall; a lot of useful stuff). In this movie, gold could of powered their spaceships. That is not a far off idea. Or the gold was a way to reinforce it's armor on the ships (maybe they were going to attack another planet that was more advanced), or even it was just something they needed on their planet. Gold is a very valuable material.

Edited by Guy97

• 2 months later...
The animation shouldn't be all that hard...when you are wielding something like the machete you hold the hand/arm vertically but it goes to a diagonal to horizontal position when you hit the aim-down-sights/block key, so the orientation of the arm exists...it's more a matter of modeling the gun and devising a blowback ( i.e. the weapon doesn't kick back, the barrel is forced back like a howitzer or other large emplacement artillery piece) animation for it; along with the textures of course.