7-zip files

I don't what is the problem is,but every time I download a mod that has 7z format I get a corrupted file or unknown file message when I try to open the file.

Baldy

Winrar, Winzip and of course 7zip can read 7z archive...if you have one of those then still cannot opening/extracting the archive, its probably corrupted on archive e.g failed on testing CRC...

it can be fixed by repiring it, but unfortunately, 7z archive cannot be repaired like zip or rar...

personally i prefer zip, although this is not the best compression but we can find zip repair softwares, and mosts zip repair are free....

What program are you using to download? I recommend using a 3rd party downloader (Like IDM, Internet Download Manager), since they will reduce the changes of a corrupted archive.

I actually would like to disagree, as a 3rd party downloader can cause unnecessary problems. Also disable any kind of accelerator addons that you have running on your browser, and they cause really big headaches at time. In addition, a lot of websites have a tendency to block people who are using downloaders and accelerators.

You're best bet is to download with just simply your browser (My recommendation is using Chrome or Firefox), and to open the files with the program 7zip that people have already recommended. Also, if "every" 7z that you are getting is corrupted, then it means that something is wrong with your computer.