Need some help with modding a feral ghoul

DaErkka

I'm trying to develop a feral ghoul that specializes in ranged combat and hangs back while chucking projectiles at the player (hence I call it the Feral Ghoul Chucker), but it won’t do it. I know it can do it, I remember those delightful Feral Ghoul Reavers in FO3. But It starts hand to hand combat as soon it sees me. I think I have every condition right for it to be able to throw the projectile (a grenade like projectile, its own FormList, a ranged combat style) so how come it's not doing it? Note that I own FO3 on console so I can't go and check the way they made it possible. Can someone help me? Edited by Da Erkka

Try looking at the Lakelurk. It has a similar combat style to what you want, whatever setting your ghoul is missing should show up in the Lakelurk.

I tried it and it didn't work, I practically copied the ghoul into a exact replica of a lakelurk but it still keeps attacking with melee. The craziest thing is that if I toggle detection off I can see the ghoul wandering around with the projectile in it's hand, but as soon as I toggle detection back on and it sees me, its like "screw this highly damaging acid gore grenade, I'll rush this motha!"