New vegas stuttering

Fuzion64

I need help with getting New Vegas to run properly on a pretty powerful machine.

Here is my system details:

E-VGA 680i SLI A1 w/ 15.58 WHQL Window 7 64-Bit

Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz (Can overclock to a stable 3.2Ghz though)

GTX 260 216 768MB 280.26 WHQL Windows 7 64 Bit

XFI PCI-E Titanium Audio Card 2.07.008 drivers Windows 7 64 Bit

2 500GB Seagate Barracuda's 7500 RPM

4GB of RAM 2x2 Kit 1066Mhz

Logitech G-15 Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G9 Laser Mouse 3600 DPI mouse speed

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium

Steam version of the game and all downloadable content.

Problems to overcome:

Really short pauses when I advanced forward and stuff loads in the distance or new enviromental sounds play.

I have a Samsung 226BW Monitor for 1680x1050 and a GTX 260 216

The game auto configures my settings a 1200x800 Letterbox 16:10 Ultra High

Why is the game lagging with such a powerful system? My GTX 260 can pretty much run any other game that I have, but this one game creates all kind of havok and stuttering for me. I'm really not sure if its video or audio, I notice that a lot of pauses seem to occur when new sounds occur. Like wind blowing and other enviromental or creature stuff that occurs when a new area loads.

I disabled the realtek hd drivers and onboard sound in bios. I am running my XFI as primary.

What are the best settings for a GTX 260?

I need help with getting New Vegas to run properly on a pretty powerful machine.

Here is my system details:

E-VGA 680i SLI A1 w/ 15.58 WHQL Window 7 64-Bit

Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz (Can overclock to a stable 3.2Ghz though)

GTX 260 216 768MB 280.26 WHQL Windows 7 64 Bit

XFI PCI-E Titanium Audio Card 2.07.008 drivers Windows 7 64 Bit

2 500GB Seagate Barracuda's 7500 RPM

4GB of RAM 2x2 Kit 1066Mhz

Logitech G-15 Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G9 Laser Mouse 3600 DPI mouse speed

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium

Steam version of the game and all downloadable content.

Problems to overcome:

Really short pauses when I advanced forward and stuff loads in the distance or new enviromental sounds play.

I have a Samsung 226BW Monitor for 1680x1050 and a GTX 260 216

The game auto configures my settings a 1200x800 Letterbox 16:10 Ultra High

Why is the game lagging with such a powerful system? My GTX 260 can pretty much run any other game that I have, but this one game creates all kind of havok and stuttering for me. I'm really not sure if its video or audio, I notice that a lot of pauses seem to occur when new sounds occur. Like wind blowing and other enviromental or creature stuff that occurs when a new area loads.

I disabled the realtek hd drivers and onboard sound in bios. I am running my XFI as primary.

What are the best settings for a GTX 260?

I don't know about the best settings for Nvidia cards, but I do have a handful of suggestions (which I learned by just lurking around this site for awhile + google)

Have you tried New Vegas Stutter Remover yet? If not, find the file on this site and follow the instructions to a T

Have you tried editing the fallout ini. file yet? If you google "fallout new vegas performance tweaks", one of the sites will give you specific lines you can alter to make your game run smoother (cellbuffer, ipreload, etc.)

Have you tried the 4gb loader yet? It usually works like a charm in boosting fps

Hope this helps

Maybe I am not explaining this right, so I will try again.

Anytime an enviromental sound file plays or anytime a new npc or object of any kind appears on my screen there is a very short pause. Its very annoying and it breaks the whole gameplay experience for me! I can't believe that bethesda can't fix this and here they want me to buy there next expansion when my main game for their next expansion pack crashes once an hour.

I figured by having view distance and actor distance at max it would load all of those objects into view and never have to access redrawing them again until I left the area and returned, since all of those objects would be stored in memory after they were drawn.

I have tried 1200x800 Ultra High quality

I have tried 1200x800 Medium quality with watersampling low and shadows on low.

Landscape Fade 15

Actor Fade 15

All the rest are set at medium.

The game still does what I call micro stutters.

I need to upgrade my video card to have the latest technologies anyways so I am fixing to head off to best buy.

I figured by having view distance and actor distance at max it would load all of those objects into view and never have to access redrawing them again until I left the area and returned, since all of those objects would be stored in memory after they were drawn.

Did you try turning it down? That is a good place to start.

I just went and picked up a PNY 560Ti on clearance so hopefully this and all newer games will function properly now. I'm refreshing all of my drivers and doing a thurough cleaning to the registry and system files now so I haven't got to test yet.

I have tried so many setting with the GTX 260 and no matter what it had the micro pauses. Jumping from a 260 to 560Ti might do the trick, but I'm not sure.

Well the jump in video cards didn't help a single bit.

The thing still lags and stutters like crazy even with a 560Ti.

-New drivers

-Newer video card 3 generations ahead and it still micro stutters.... Unbelievable!

-Cleaned registry and defragged drive

Just simply looking around pauses like crazy and going to third person slows down a lot more.

Well the jump in video cards didn't help a single bit.

The thing still lags and stutters like crazy even with a 560Ti.

-New drivers

-Newer video card 3 generations ahead and it still micro stutters.... Unbelievable!

-Cleaned registry and defragged drive

Just simply looking around pauses like crazy and going to third person slows down a lot more.

Did you try all the fixes I mentioned up there?