Which Race Will You Play?

AxeAlot

249 members have voted

1. 1. What Race Will You Play As?

2. 2. Will you play as ALL of the Races?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorate is always the orcs even in oblivion but the argonoians are looking pretty good .. I'll start with an argonian and then a female orc .. I'm sure I'll try every race by the time I'm done with the game .. btw .. I've just now within the past month got to the point where I can no longer play oblivion .. it took me awhile but its lasted me years and I just cant find the charm in it anymore .. I know whats around every corner and what to expect from the system

The same here, Skyrim is making it look like a piece of crap. :(

That's Oblivion's problem. Morrowind had heaps of redeeming features, but Oblivion will be eclipsed by Skyrim in every way, the only reasons people will go back are:

a) Because they are broke

b) Nostalgia

Or the story and/or mods. I liked the story. But I know a lot didn't. Dark Brotherhood was the best faction and part of a game that made me feel like playing more and more. Other games that failed test of time didn't have that feature.(Oblivion still is fun for me. But for many it isn't anymore.) At least Oblivion did. But I'm sure that Skyrim will beat the Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood and such. Its funny because when people ask if they could get one thing in Skyrim that was Oblivion I'm sure you know what 95% what. The Dark Brotherhood.

My favorate is always the orcs even in oblivion but the argonoians are looking pretty good .. I'll start with an argonian and then a female orc .. I'm sure I'll try every race by the time I'm done with the game .. btw .. I've just now within the past month got to the point where I can no longer play oblivion .. it took me awhile but its lasted me years and I just cant find the charm in it anymore .. I know whats around every corner and what to expect from the system

The same here, Skyrim is making it look like a piece of crap. :(

That's Oblivion's problem. Morrowind had heaps of redeeming features, but Oblivion will be eclipsed by Skyrim in every way, the only reasons people will go back are:

a) Because they are broke

b) Nostalgia

Or the story and/or mods. I liked the story. But I know a lot didn't. Dark Brotherhood was the best faction and part of a game that made me feel like playing more and more. Other games that failed test of time didn't have that feature.(Oblivion still is fun for me. But for many it isn't anymore.) At least Oblivion did. But I'm sure that Skyrim will beat the Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood and such. Its funny because when people ask if they could get one thing in Skyrim that was Oblivion I'm sure you know what 95% what. The Dark Brotherhood.

The story isn't bad, I'll admit it. But really, even now when I replay Oblivion, I'm not doing it for gameplay as such. I do it to relive the Oblivion glory days. I still laugh at M'aiq, despite having stopped him 7 billion times. I think TES owes as much to nostalgia as it does to the modding community

Keep in mind none of us have played Skyrim yet. There are plenty of things I liked about Oblivion that aren't already confirmed to be in Skyrim, like Vampirism and an Arena.

I heard the Arena was confirmed by one of the demo reporters.. or.. some reliable or semi reliable source <_< heh .. wish I could remember

Keep in mind none of us have played Skyrim yet. There are plenty of things I liked about Oblivion that aren't already confirmed to be in Skyrim, like Vampirism and an Arena.

I heard the Arena was confirmed by one of the demo reporters.. or.. some reliable or semi reliable source <_< heh .. wish I could remember

It was basically confirmed by one of the game devs, who was saying about how they had to kill all of the arenas in Oblivion because of bad compression tech and micro$oft, and so they were looking forward to doing it properly in Skyrim or something like that

It was basically confirmed by one of the game devs, who was saying about how they had to kill all of the arenas in Oblivion because of bad compression tech and micro$oft, and so they were looking forward to doing it properly in Skyrim or something like that

Yup which was what I said. Do you remember the source so I can check to see if it was the same source that I used or different?

Yup which was what I said. Do you remember the source so I can check to see if it was the same source that I used or different?

That... is a very good question... I will have to see if I can back-track. I've got a list on my PC somewhere...

P.S. Yeah, I did the research after that post you made. Interesting stuff btw, thanks for opening my eyes to that side of it. Renewed my faith in Bethesda to know that it was not completely their fault that Oblivion wasn't as good as it could have been

I think I'm going to play Imperial for my first character :thumbsup: Although once I open the character creator I may change my mind since they all look so bad ass