Lockpicking: Fallout 3 vs Oblivion

AxeAlot

In a recent Youtube interview by DTOID , we find out that the lockpicking in Skyrim will be VERY close to that of Fallout 3's lockpicking, rather than the Oblivion style. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this and which style of lockpicking you prefer.....Fallout or Oblivion.

INTERVIEW ----->

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I have never played Fallout so I haven't experienced it before, hopefully it won't be too hard to get used to!

I preferred Oblivion because its the closest to the real thing (minus the sophisticated tumblers used today); as for fallout's, it was way too easy, I'd like it to be hard, that makes it worth while as a skill

True, I like the Oblivion style even though that's all I've used, seems more realistic as you're knocking up each of the components to open the lock. Plus you're right about it being hard but its definately worth while as a skill!

Fallouts. Oblivions was easy as hell, and the fact that you could pick any lock regardless of your skill level was dumb. Hopefully you won't be able to do that in the new game.

So in Fallout , if you're not a high enough level in lockpicking you can't attempt it at all?

strange .. I thought oblivion's was easier .. fallout 3 you HAD to have the skill level to try and pick the lock and even then the pick had to be perfectly set or you broke it with the slightest twist .. With Oblivion I could pick master level locks at level one .. I had the sounds and movements memorized perfectly... Both systems were good to me .. Oblivion's relied on YOUR skill and not your character's which isn't exactly an RPG thing but was fun if you were like me and got the system figured out .. Fallout 3's was more like an RPG should be and character based .. Maybe a nice mix of both styles would work best?