Mod Anticipation

stimike

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spell fusing. We know we'll be able to dual wield the same spell to amp its power, but how about putting an electric spell in one hand and a fire spell in the other and getting a combo fire-electric spell. Or a fire spell and a zombie spell to get a flaming zombie.

Is it possible make a mod that changes the perk system from being level based to skill based?

Instead of getting 1 perk each level, you get one perk each time you level a skill to a set amount.

E.g. there are 15 one handed perks (if you specialize in 1 weapon) so you would get 1 skill point every 6 levels.

Also, is there an easy way to edit the leveling system to get 2 perks each level? with the ini file?

It's actualy a repost from another topic, but since this one seems to get more views I'll post it here as well (hope it doesn't upset anyone if I do so):

I'm sorry, I'm tired so I didn't read the whole seven pages... but I did use the browser's search feature to be sure nobody talked about this:

I'm no modder, I'm terrible with those things (I mean... like any kind of scripting or stuff), all I can do is write stories and design mechanics (ie make things work on paper... all of this thanks to many years hosting all sorts of pen and paper RPGs). So I'd like to make a suggestion, I'm not asking anyone to make it come true of course, just putting it here so some modder may happen to read it and think "MMmh I'd actualy want to do something like it", who knows?

I, as a RPG player (both on screen or paper) like to play a Necromancer... which is... not impossible, in theory, in the TES series. But anyone who has seriously tried will know how that made you into quite a lousy necromancer, not only did spells and other gameplay mechanics not allow you to really feel like a master of the dark arts, but, while there were many necromancers (in oblivion at least, didn't play enough morrowind to tell for sure) with several "guild" like associations and stuff, you weren't allowed to join any of those, to go over to the dark and prohibited side of sorcery (story wise).

What I liked in Oblivion was how I acted as the dark, secret, bad guy my character was supposed to be, but the only quests that allowed me to do so were those of the Dark Brotherhood (which were the best if you ask me). I'm sure Skyrim will let you be some brutal and evil individual (and will of course have it's share of Dark Brotherhood quests), but I have the feeling it won't really allow you to play as that evil mage, who is seeking power through forbidden means...

So what I suggest (or rather... what I'd love to see, to be honest xD ) is a Necromancer mod featuring altered mechanics (mostly regarding spells I guess) and some new quests, maybe even a faction for the role play side. Or it could be two different mods one of the gameplay, one for the story.

As for how to make good mechanics for Necromancy, I remember there was that very good oblivion mod (though it wasn't totaly complete) "Jpm's Miniature Necromancy", it needed a little nerf to it if you ask me (make it so that the black soulgems needed for necromancy would be fewer, hidden in the world, or something like that, and also that you can controll less creatures at the same time, maybe according to a Necromancy skill level or something).

Anway this is it... I'd really love to see something like this come true.

Also if any experienced modder is motivated in doing something like this and needs any kind of help I'd be actualy albe to provide (which really, wouldn't be much... I fear) feel free to ask at My email

oh and good luck to all those modders who dedicate their time making TES games even more enjoyable!!

werewolves should be a little stronger and faster and be able to jump higher, also should randomly appear in wildness...and dont know if its possible but some sort of shapeshifting for vampires would be awesome that would add superhuman strenght allowing to throw enemies or sth like that...flying in that vampire form would also be awesome *.*

in any case something about the vampires has to be done..as for now they are just boring, at least some new unique spells, powers and shouts exclusivly for vampires should be made that go beyond just invisibility...like an instant freezing/petrifying shout

No doubt this has probably been mentioned before.. but it's 30 pages.. even i'm not that sad. Anywho i'd like a mod that lets you mess around with you're companions clothes.. i want Lydia? However you spell her name to be wearing imperial armor but due to the armor she wears is on stats she wears the steel instead.. kinda annoying.. be good if someone made that, cheers xD

Black hair!

Yes, I'm a touch color-OCD, especially on colors that claim to be black, but Nords certainly don't have a proper black. Not sure about other races. All browns!

More colors in general would be nice. If the hair colors still work the same way, even roughly, I can manage it. Dragon Age's engine had that terrible-to-fiddle-with-in-modding tinting system.