Mod Anticipation

stimike

Still, I agree that environment lighting that's nearly always a sunrise or a sunset would be f***ing badass.

Just to clarify thought, it wouldn't be nearly always a sunrise or a sunset as how many people think of them, with golden colors, etc. But the "golden hours" would also be expanded to twice their current length - Followed by a "blue hour" before it actually gets dark, and the same thing again before the sun rises. It seems that currently the highest angle for the sun in Skyrim is around 80-90 degrees, which would fit the conditions on Maryland (Or California, Spain, etc). To have a "Northern Sun" effect, the highest angle during midday should be around 60 degrees or so, and the sun would rise and set slower. While that change in the trajectory might not sound like much, it actually makes a really big difference.

The days could still be of equal length. Of course in the midsummer we have very short nights - Or no night at all. But if we assume that Skyrim happens in the fall, days and nights would be about the same length as they would be in southern countries.

And in the winter we have nothing but a sunrise... And then immediately a sunset. Because the day can be only an hour long, or less. :)

Edited by lapinkarhu

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he means D&D style magic missiles? They track the target and thus always hit. I know I've seen at least one mod with such an addition but I haven't played it.

No I don't mean d&d I mean like that bow on immortal that generates it's own arrow but its not an arrow it's a missle made of magic hince magic missiles

Sorry it took so long to get back I forgot to turn on email notifications

Edited by crippledorphan

No I don't mean d&d I mean like that bow on immortal that generates it's own arrow but its not an arrow it's a missle made of magic hince magic missiles

Oh, so like a bow with magically-justified infinite ammo? It'd be a little overpowered but I guess that could work...

Yeah well I'm a friction dragonborn I'm already a little OP haha what's a little more just something to hunt wild life with once I figure out the ck I'll work on it haha I'll even it out by not doing much dmg just enough dmg to kill the wildlife maybe even put a small bleed effect maybe even a drain fatigue or endur or stam what ever will slow them down Edited by crippledorphan

I don't know why I get so obsessed with the Elder Scrolls games since the basic design of a lot of things makes me outright furious. One of my biggest gripes with Morrowind and Oblivion is the stupid, stupid tiered armor system where material dictates the protective value of the armor (or damage of the weapon). It's so gamey and unrealistic, it breaks immersion for me, big time. And I intend to change it, really from the first day I have the game and CS. I made a pretty comprehensive armor mod for Oblivion that never made it past a personal beta phase that added new armors, re-ordered and re-balanced them to make it more realistic and to my liking. Ie. a full suit of plate armor costs a LOT of money, is protective as hell regardless of material, and is out of the reach of normal brigands. I made the special elven and dwarven armors ultra rare, and changed a lot of other things.

I intend to port my mod to Skyrim, I've gone back and worked on the models and textures, bring them up to today's spec.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9949/avantfp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a render of a full suit of plate ("Cyrodiilic" , actually Italian round plate, but Cyrodiil roughly corresponds to southern Europe so...) and a Barbute helmet, an infantry sallet (in fighter's guild colours), and an Armet helmet with wrapper.

I have grand plans for the mod and know a lot more about stuff now then back then so we could actually see a public release *fingers crossed*

Ideas/goals:

-Re-stating (see above)

-Making armor a lot more important

-Loot list re-ordering (dito)

-Openable helmets through scrips (OBSE?)

input welcome.

-Helmets overlay to simulate blocking vision (OBSE?)

I don't know why I get so obsessed with the Elder Scrolls games since the basic design of a lot of things makes me outright furious. One of my biggest gripes with Morrowind and Oblivion is the stupid, stupid tiered armor system where material dictates the protective value of the armor (or damage of the weapon). It's so gamey and unrealistic, it breaks immersion for me, big time. And I intend to change it, really from the first day I have the game and CS. I made a pretty comprehensive armor mod for Oblivion that never made it past a personal beta phase that added new armors, re-ordered and re-balanced them to make it more realistic and to my liking. Ie. a full suit of plate armor costs a LOT of money, is protective as hell regardless of material, and is out of the reach of normal brigands. I made the special elven and dwarven armors ultra rare, and changed a lot of other things.

I intend to port my mod to Skyrim, I've gone back and worked on the models and textures, bring them up to today's spec.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9949/avantfp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a render of a full suit of plate ("Cyrodiilic" , actually Italian round plate, but Cyrodiil roughly corresponds to southern Europe so...) and a Barbute helmet, an infantry sallet (in fighter's guild colours), and an Armet helmet with wrapper.

I have grand plans for the mod and know a lot more about stuff now then back then so we could actually see a public release *fingers crossed*

Ideas/goals:

-Re-stating (see above)

-Making armor a lot more important

-Loot list re-ordering (dito)

-Openable helmets through scrips (OBSE?)

input welcome.

-Helmets overlay to simulate blocking vision (OBSE?)

That's very intresting I'll test it out if your interested alleys wanted a mod to make vision impaired from full faced helms

Edited by crippledorphan

Slavery

I want to start a vast network of slavery..ok, maybe not a vast network considering it may just be me capturing and selling to a couple different traders in logical spots (near waterways, etc).

I think the option can be simple..ability to tranq a person, then bring them and train them somewhere (need a full bag for transport and possibly takes a significant weight amount once "full")..the more you spend time training a slave will determine the price, along with other factors (class, level, etc). Can be a few different traders. one that will pay extra for strong warriors for some god forsaken war far away as cannon fodder, or someone wanting pleasure slaves, etc...so, you got to determine what training method you want.

So ya...find a cave or your home, and do your thing. Much could be added to this also, such as certain cities or factions not approving of slavery and so it acts in essence like being an outlaw while your carrying a body (full bag)...also perhaps a small number of people (depending on reputation of the abducted) coming after you to rescue the slave (rescue meaning just kill you of course)...now grabbing some bandit on the side of the road will not be too threatening, but grabbing some high class lady from the courts may have up to 20 different people seeking you out here and there, etc..)

And finally, you can keep the slaves if you want..perhaps after a certain amount of time, some may even decide to join your cause, or submit to your will anyhow and become like a forced companion..however, the likelyhood of them running would be potentially great.

anyhow, thats just the raw concept..Let me be a slaver...

Expanding on that idea, you could also be a slave emancipator...track down and find slavers, kill them and free their slaves (or take them as your own of course if its just a competition thing) Also, the more you eliminate other slavers, the higher price you can get for your well trained slaves to the right traders.

ok, I could post a book on this. lots of this work was already done in fallout 3..so the concept is not impossible..already been done, just got to tweak and enhance it. Stand on the solders of giants so to speak.

Also, make it somewhat open source so people making the sex mods and such can plug in for more training for "pleasure slaves".

Something about getting oral sex from a few races seems very... uncomfortable. :pinch:

OMG, with an Argonian it would be like being run through a paper shredder. What's your pleasure cross-cut, confetti or chips?

Slavery

*snip*

Other than including the feature because Fallout did it, what would this add to the game?

Slavery's been dead in Tamriel for 200 years, and while the empire's falling apart it's nowhere near as lawless and broken down as the wasteland. While there's no doubt pockets of it still being practiced in secret, there isn't anything like Paradise Falls.