The new design

DeepSoul

Well said, kuddos to you.

http://uppix.net/c/5/1/9021a20b8a663e9b707aec5d9622b.gif

(from the guy who says kudos are supposed to be anonymous DX...)

nexus seems to be missing a way to "report" new images

It does, but you can always report something to an online admin right...

Now moving my opinion to nexus, it really truly doesn't make much of a difference to me. It's just a site and btw it's Dark0ne's site. He pretty much has the right to do what he will with it, and everyone should be cool with that... AND in addition to that people need to remember that "This isn't the end. It's a new beginning". :sweat:

Edited by 2cooldays

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new design, but only aesthetically. Functionally, however, the new design is just bad. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. Atleast with the old design I could get the pages I wanted to quickly and easily.

I understand the want, even the need, to update a website. I really do. It's hard to continue to market a product with an old shell. However, there is no reason to update the visual appeal of a website at the cost of usability. What's the point of building a new Ferrari with sleek new curves and lots of horsepower when the driver doesn't know which pedal to push, or when they need to turn the steering wheel left to go right?

Old Design 1

New Design 0

What's the point of building a new Ferrari with sleek new curves and lots of horsepower when the driver doesn't know which pedal to push

I think you'll find they did that when they moved away from a stick clutch to a flappy panel clutch. And people still buy Ferraris and know how to drive them.

People can barely handle the old Ferrari in the first place. Oh its there fonger its just got a new way icon. I do believe its the :excl: under the image.

*edit nm that last part I don't see that at all now, but you can go to view discussion which then takes you to the forum page of the image where you can use the report thread button. *

Edited by Gracinfields

Maybe somebody can tell the webmaster that most of the people now dont use 800x600 screens ?

Previous design was not specially good, but i miss it.

Lots of people have requested this.

Dark0ne himself has stated he has no intentions of changing it and that it WILL NOT CHANGE.

So I think it's about time people got over it...

@mxnija;

Reduce your text size. I had the same result with IE9, and had to go from "Larger" to "Medium" to get all the buttons to appear in the right locations and not interfere with each other. :thumbsup:

If you are Opera user, you can block this ads

Same holds true for Firefox with Adblock addon or whatever you call it. I'm not going to download and install a new browser just to block ads, at least not for now.

From what I've seen, the new design doesn't sit well with the majority of modders, while mod downloaders probably enjoy it more. Since downloaders outnumber modders, the modders' opinions alone aren't enough to push for a switch back to the old design. I think it would take more than that, but in the end, Dark0ne is the one to decide. I'm sure a lot of effort was put into the new design, which makes it such a shame.

I'm not a modder... and I can't stand the new layout. So, no, it's not just modders. Ah, well. I'll still use it, even if I most certainly don't visit every day quickly check on new and favorite files anymore.