Forbidden Zone Exit CTD

Cyberweasel89

Okay, so I entered the Forbidden Zone. I talked to my brain and Dr. Mobius. I was all ready to leave, but the game crashed when I tried to exit to the Big Empty. It did this every time.

I looked it up and this is a common PC version error. But no one specified how to fix it.

So I used player.moveto to move to the Sink and make my way down to the Think Tank. Both worked. I confronted the Think Tank and left to the Sink, and the ending slides played. Also worked. I found myself back in the Sink with the appliances congratulating me.

But when I tried to leave to the balcony, crash. I figured, okay, maybe it just bugged the Big Empty world map. So I used player.moveto to move to an NPC back in the Mojave. It worked. When I tried to leave, crash yet again.

I cannot lose this save. I've done every single quest in the game, done Dead Money, done Honest Hearts, and just 100% completed Old World Blues. The only save I have is from before I began Old World Blues, and I can't redo all those annoying repetitive OWB quests again so soon. Plus, how do I know the CTD when leaving the Forbidden Zone won't happen again? I need some way to fix it. Does anyone know how, or what causes it? Please?