Please confirm or disconfirm: stamina determines jumping height

SpellAndShield

Of course jumping in real life you wouldn't, but this is a game and as long as it doesn't look goofy, those stats seem reasonable. If you don't wan't to jump higher or run faster, I assume you probably won't be leveling your stamina anyway. Plus, you'd only achieve those levels of speed and jumping capabilities by maxing out your stamina, so it's not exactly heinous to think it could work statistically in the game. I'd also hope that you'd consider your dragonborn mightier than men and have potential higher than those 10%. If not, you're entitled to enjoy the game however you please.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Why not spells that just increase your sprinting speed(fortify), or double jump? Just have to live with whatever comes out until mods are made.

Why not spells that just increase your sprinting speed(fortify), or double jump? Just have to live with whatever comes out until mods are made.

Sure, when I make a mage. In the meantime, I'd like my max level assassin to be able to clear head level obstacles and book-it to the my destination. Keep in mind that these peak human capabilities would ONLY be accessible if you make your character have peak level stamina. Like, endgame value. I like to imagine that when my character caps a stat at, from a simple statistical view for example, level 100, that he is pressing the height of human capability and is legendary in that aspect. Around level 90, he's a top level athlete that just about everyone knows and is praised for his skill. Level 80, he's well known by the people and is highly respected. 70-60, he's got talent and is making a name for himself. 50 is your average Joe. Of course, the recognition and whatnot is all dependent on how you view your character, but this could be an example for a warrior or mage gaining recognition. Get what I mean?

Ultimately, if it's not in the game, I guess I would simply have to edit the values in the new editor.

Yeah.. Ladders could be done .. but edge grabbing in an open world RPG? .. no way .. not with current technology .. every edge in the game would have to be settup

Actually Bethesda has already worked with "free run" features in Brink and it's one of the neatest aspects of the game. I'd imagine all they'd have to do is make some code that acknowledges angles that are between a certain number of degrees in a landscape object (like a cliff ledge) that would enable automatic climbing, grabbing, or jumping to clear such an obstacle.

Edited by AltreU

How about just have climbing? Even if you can't jump up high enough for your feet to clear it, you can pull yourself up and over it. It's make a heck of a lot more sense, but it'd probably break a few dungeon designs.

EDIT: Bah, ignore this. What I get for not reading the whole thread first.

Edited by Alcrin

If I remember right there is a cap on those. I mean the max carrying weight is 300 not matter how much you increase it. This would make more sense and would be a lot better for say if you get your stamina at 1500 or so it would be way to fast. So I'm sure that the jump height and stuff would have a cap so that if someone would fortify there fatigue too much or for the sake of console commands this would eliminate you from jumping over city walls. (Console commands like modav fatigue or something, Bethsoft knows well enough that since they include tcl they can't avoid it this way.) No matter how high you increase it, it will only stay at that 'level.' If anyone has played Two Worlds (It was OK for me glitches were horrible though.) you could increase your strength as much as you want but when it got to 125 or something it would lock the carrying weight at 500. From this I assume that is what Bethsoft is doing.

If I remember right there is a cap on those. I mean the max carrying weight is 300 not matter how much you increase it. This would make more sense and would be a lot better for say if you get your stamina at 1500 or so it would be way to fast. So I'm sure that the jump height and stuff would have a cap so that if someone would fortify there fatigue too much or for the sake of console commands this would eliminate you from jumping over city walls. (Console commands like modav fatigue or something, Bethsoft knows well enough that since they include tcl they can't avoid it this way.) No matter how high you increase it, it will only stay at that 'level.' If anyone has played Two Worlds (It was OK for me glitches were horrible though.) you could increase your strength as much as you want but when it got to 125 or something it would lock the carrying weight at 500. From this I assume that is what Bethsoft is doing.

That's what I'm trying to say. At max level, ie the skill level cap, you'd run and jump at the posted speed and height. I'll quote myself-

As long as the speed increase and jump increases aren't obscene, I'm cool with it.
I'm just saying that I see skills as being relevant to human potential and that at the cap, you'd be at the peak of human potential in that aspect.

Btw, I'm talking about when you hit the sprint button, not standard movement speed.

Edited by AltreU