Wieldable repair hammer

PrettyMurky

EDIT: Mod is now finished.

I'm making a mod to allow the player to repair their items in real-time gameplay. In which the repair hammer would be equipped like a weapon, then 'swung' at an item to repair it. Not entirely dissimilar to the concept of ZUMBS Lockpicking.

The script will be no problem. However I havn't the faintest idea how to model or texture an item. So if someone wouldn't mind working the neccessary magic (I don't know if it's possible to use the gameworld model of repair hammers, and tell those how to be held as weapons; or if a new model needs making), I would greatly appreaciate it, and will happily credit you in the finished mod. Or if anyone knows of an existing mod with content I might be able to use for this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

PM

Edited by PrettyMurky

Thanks, it works well. Although you've put it the wrong way round; as in the animation is swinging claw first, rather than head first. I don't suppose you'd mind switching it around?

Also, if possible could it be slightly smaller? Maybe about 0.8 scale; there's some clipping around the fingers, and also I think that it will help it to look like a tool than a weapon.

Edited by PrettyMurky

Perfect! You'd be getting a kudos if it wasn't 404-ing right now. The smallest one fits in the hand nicely, and the swing looks appropriate for either a tool or a weapon. I might even add a script to the vanilla hammers, to replace them with my new wieldable ones. I'll have to set it so you can't repair a repair hammer though :D

On that note: Does anyone know of any quest, vanilla or mod, that requires the player to have a repair hammer?

Why would the player need a repair hammer at all times :psyduck:

I meant more like any quests where you have to give a repair hammer to an NPC, so there would be a condition somewhere 'if player.GetItemCount RepairHammer > X', which wouldn't be true if all their hammers had been converted into the new kind. I could always put a variable to toggle the converting; so players could additem themselves a vanilla hammer if need be.

Well, if the player has repair hammers already, you could make a blank quest with this script or similar:

scn RepairHammerReplacement

short Hammers

Begin GameMode

set Hammers to Player.GetItemCount RepairHammer
Player.RemoveItemNS RepairHammer Hammers
Player.AddItemNS NewRepairHammerID Hammers
end

If you use that, then you need OBSE for the NS, meaning No Spam so that no messages pop up saying that they have been added. If you aren't using OBSE for the rest of the scripts, however, just remove the NS. You also don't have to replace any ingame Repair Hammers this way :P

I don't know what you mean by giving the NPCs hammers. Like a quest to swap them or something?

Like a quest to swap them or something?

Exactly. Like how some thieves guild quest requires you to have some lockpicks to give to someone.

If you aren't using OBSE for the rest of the scripts

Lol. Some psychologists might claim that I use it too much. I've used OBSE so much, that I'm now worried that it has become sentient, and has starting using me. I'm more OBSE than man now. In conclusion, I am using OBSE, and can heartily recommend others to do the same :D