Help porting mods

madman6782

So i found a mod i like on Fallout 3 but i rarely play tht game anymore since i have new vegas now but i want to use this mod. i tried porting myself but as im not very good it didnt work an the author has since been banned for some reason unknown to me. so i need some help actually putting the items in the game, i have all the meshes an textures an a esp tht wrks. i would normally add them using console but i dnt know the id of the armors an there is no way to find out anymore. Any help is appreciated even if it doesnt wrk

So i found a mod i like on Fallout 3 but i rarely play tht game anymore since i have new vegas now but i want to use this mod. i tried porting myself but as im not very good it didnt work an the author has since been banned for some reason unknown to me. so i need some help actually putting the items in the game, i have all the meshes an textures an a esp tht wrks. i would normally add them using console but i dnt know the id of the armors an there is no way to find out anymore. Any help is appreciated even if it doesnt wrk

What is the mod (I want to know just to see if it rings a bell)? Anyways, if it did get ported over, check with a moderator to make sure it is okay to upload it.

well, i'm not really sure people will be allowed to post such a mod, so you should probably post a link to the mod you want ported

i can't promise anything, but i may do it for you, if it's a mod i'll be allowed to port over (don't intend on getting banned or anything :tongue:)

well it would be more for personal use an anyone who helped me if they wanted it, i hadnt really planned on uploading it

What is the mod (I want to know just to see if it rings a bell)? Anyways, if it did get ported over, check with a moderator to make sure it is okay to upload it.

something collection i dont remember right off cause its been so long since i downloaded it its also in a foreign language an i dnt know how to change tht im a reall n00b when it comes to those types of things

well, there are two ways that i know of, for doing such a thing

the first is to re-create the entire mod, but for New Vegas, which means creating every single item in the GECK by just using the models and textures of the mod for FO3

the second way is to work on the plugin using FNVEdit, but that may be a lot of trouble, especially if you don't know what you are doing

so i would suggest you take the resources of the mod, put them in your New Vegas' folder, fire up the GECK, and start creating these items :thumbsup:

You create a new esp file with FOMM

Put the Mod esp you need from Fo3 to New Vegas Directory in the Data folder.

open Fomm new vegas.

Right clic the original esp where you have what you wanna port

See Open with Tesnip editor? clic on it

You watch the internal structure of the esp, you see GRUP forms, some are for Armors or weapons and some are for Cells and world

Delete all the forms that are in relation with world/cells/ comtainers all that are fallout 3 ingame forms edit, just keep armors, weapons, clothes, Scripts (only if they dont contain cell variable, if you have doubt delete)

Now save by renaming it

Of course if these forms uses moded Meshes and textures you have to paste these in Newvegas\Data directory

an6d now open this new esp with GECK NV edition and you'll see all armors clothes items appearing in editor lists.

And now you can make them spawn or be at vendors place, that's it.

The two games are nearly fully compatible i've ported for myself all the new good weapons and outfits from NV to Fo3, i've never failed.

Edited by MonsterMonkey