The Necromancer of Fort Blackedge

Wraithofdoom

I hope you like it, please leave a comment. This is a character of mine whose story i created for my own enjoyment (though i never put it to words), the fort blackedge is actually a mod, its here on the nexus if you want it (its very good).

EDIT: i edited some minor grammar mistakes and added a title.

The Necromancer of Fort Blackedge

Martin Manacobiouss was son to Arthur Capeloki Manacobiouss, a wizard of sorts who lived in Fort Blackedge, near the town of Bravil. Arthur had bought the place from Raudius Petite a penniless breton nobleman who desperatly sold the place for half its worth.

As soon as Manacobiouss settled in the fort, the place became shrouded in shadows and it seemed to show itself to travellers sometimes, but hide in a self created mist during certain times of the day. It wasnt long before the people of Bravil started speaking of strange noises or odours coming from the fort, specially at night, one citizen said to have witness old Arthur in the top of the fort with his hands up shouting some kind of magical words to the sky that seemed to respond with noises he could only describe as "the kind of thing that chills your very soul" another report said that Manacobiouss was changing the color of the sky, or at least that he changed it around the fort.

After this reports started appearing, the Bravil Guard decided to inspect the fort and take action according to what they would find. None of the men who ventured to the fort ever came back, and the Count seriously considered to write a letter to the legion and have the fort burned down, this he eventually did. The Legion, however, did not respond, seeing the matter "too small to be worthy of our time". "The Conjurer" as he was known now in Bravil continued to be a topic of gossip for 9 years, the number of strange things seemed to continue, and even increase in frecuency, until every single night strange things happened at the fort, some nights the frenetic shouting of Arthur was louder than a war drum, and some other nights a strange silence, that seemed magical in nature, manifested itself, and the breathing of Arthur could be heard from the road, outside of the Fort.

Manacobiouss eventually summoned a lesser Daedra, after years of trial and error, servant of Namira, and made a pact with her. She would bare his child in exchange of his soul being forfeit to the Daedra, named Kathisthat. Why he did this is a mistery, but for the next 9 months he waited, the strange events ceased and the people of Bravil were starting to calm down, thinking that the evil that haunted the fort was gone somehow, though Arthur remained.

9 months later Kathisthat appeared at the doorstep of Fort Blackedge and leaved a baby. Arthur now had 20 years to teach this boy and then, he must leave, to be forever in the service of Kathisthat (and Namira), thus completing the pact.

Martin Manacobiouss grew strong and beatifull, though his beauty seemed... unnatural and his features were strange, he looked like a boy void of feelings, like a beatifull statue or doll, he had feelings of course, but he seemed unable to express them on his face, this Arthur noted, but decided to ignore it, knowing the nature of the child. At age 12, Martin started recieving lessons on Necromancy, not from his father, but from paid necromancers that came to the fort in exchange for huge amounts of gold. The necromancer teachers themselves felt uneasy at the fort, that was now under a darkness more terrible than that of Arthur, Namira was now ever present in the fort, Kathisthat's energy was still very much there. Needless to say the citizens of Bravil were almost expecting the end of the world by now, or at least the end of their town.

Thus Martin learned all the secrets of Necromancy that necromancers could teach. When the 20 years had passed, it was time for Arthur to die, he however resisted when the shadow of Kathisthat came, and a great Demoniac roaring was heard all trough that night, never stoping, a battle of wills was taking place, the powerfull wizard and the Daedra, eventually the later won, and by dawn the roaring had ceased, Martin had stayed all night in his room, terrified. The following day all of the Bravil guard marched on the fort, ready to kill Arthur.

When they found him dead they blamed his son Martin for the crime, knowing of course he was inocent, but in an effort to root out all of the Manacobiouss from the fort once and for all. He went to the Imperial Prison, and was due to serve 40 years in captivity, however, 2 years later, he escaped, the same day Uriel Septim was murdered.

Please comment, i tried not to make it too long since i know people get discouraged when they see a huge chunk of text.

Edited by Wraithofdoom

• 2 weeks later...

Please comment, i tried not to make it too long since i know people get discouraged when they see a huge chunk of text.

I saw this topic the other day, took a peek and thought omg dont have time to read that! lol

However, I made time.

SO... I thought it was brilliant :D I was just starting to get drawn into your story and i read

When they found him dead they blamed his son Martin for the crime, knowing of course he was inocent, but in an effort to root out all of the Manacobiouss from the fort once and for all.

and thought to myself "Ah! I know where this is going..." and i was right, as then of course i read

He went to the Imperial Prison, and was due to serve 40 years in captivity, however, 2 years later, he escaped, the same day Uriel Septim was murdered.

Hahah I enjoyed reading this. Its a brilliant background story!