A School or university like hogwarts

huw2k8

I know it would be hard and im not suggesting someone make hogwarts but perhaps a large learning facility that is magical and not just walk in buy all the spells from someone and you graduate but that you must maybe do little side quests equivelant to taking a class and you would gain either, a new spell, improve a skill, gain an item or unlock a new area/quest

for example you could go into the place sign up get given directions to your dorm then you would get a key and have your own "house" just a room in a corridoor and then all the other rooms have characters in them the npcs could have little side quests and could all be wearing a certain uniform and you cant do any of the lesson quests without a uniform much like arena raiments, there could be better versions of the school ware that could be purchased perhaps a small shopping town near the school could be where the required things for school are purchased, alchemy tools, potions, ingredients, uniform ect and there could be some new books that are not skill tomes but give you information that can help you complete lessons or quests for example the teacher asks you to get the ingredients for fertiliser and to hand them to your partner you go out and either read a book that tells you the correct ingredients or you try out but you if you give the wrong ingredients 3 times you fail so you go and find the book in the library or store labeled fertilizer recipie and it says a bit of jibber about the potion then the ingredients being bonemeal and nightshade then you go find one of each and then choose them to give to your lab partner doing this succesfully will gain you some septims and maybe the new potion finished or something else

i think it would just be fun to live and play around in the new environment with lots of lessons to learn and lots of rewards to gain from it :)

sounds like the midas spell mod is something for you.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9562

to get the spells you need the right ingredients to create it and some is harder to come by then others unless you cheat :P

a short description i copy pasted from the mod page which you can get to in the link above:

Midas Magic

Spells of Aurum

This mod adds over 300 new and unique spell types. It adds beam, spray and projectile attacks. Turn bodies to gold, summon your own magic carpet, or dwemer transformer, or protect yourself with a ring of fire. This mod has several goals...

- Extend the Magic system of Oblivion without disturbing the current spell system

- Maintain the balance of the combat system

- Add a completely different way to obtain these spells from the normal system

- Add exciting quests and new worlds that make obtaining these spells fun

Edited by Wolves425

I am not sure if the OP was just wanting new spells. I think he was wanting a new building along with new quests to simulate having to go to school to learn the basics of your magic before you go out and adventure.

Maybe an addition to the existing Mage's Guild, where you have to read up on a school of magic and get a certain number of questions correct before you can "advance" in each school, each time you level up? And a certain level requirement before you have access to the Guild copies of certain spells to learn them (which still allows purchase of books of spells from other sources, or finding them) Edited by MarkInMKUK