NVSE problem

Gorgondantess

Whenever I run NVSE (Yes it's the latest version, 2b9), I get the message "please update to the latest version of fallout". Yes, I have NV on steam. Yes, I've already run it to get the update going. Yes, I have it on automatic updates. I tried disabling all my mods, still happened. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading and reinstalling NVSE. Still didn't work. Help? Edited by Gorgondantess

Whenever I run NVSE (Yes it's the latest version, 2b9), I get the message "please update to the latest version of fallout". Yes, I have NV on steam. Yes, I've already run it to get the update going. Yes, I have it on automatic updates. I tried disabling all my mods, still happened. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading and reinstalling NVSE. Still didn't work. Help?

I am having the exact same problem. And as stupid as I may sound. I cannot seem to find the information for the current version to save my a**. I do know the last game update was in July.

Run steam.Allow it to update. Then go to google and type New Vegas Script Extender. Go to the site,down load it and install it were your FNV.exe is.

My steam should be up to date. The auto updater is on, and I see no new updates listed in the press releases or game news since the July update was installed?

I downloaded the NVSE from "http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/nvse_2_beta9.zip". And it is intalled in the same directory as the FNV.exe file . I had the last NVSE version installed. I was just trying to install the updated version for a new Mod I wanted to try out. Which is why I am clueless to the problem. Hopefully, I will get a quick reply from Steam, as I asked support where I could find out what the exact version of my game is.

I did find out that my current version is 1.3.0.452. Which is supposedly up to date according to steam? And the new NVSE supports a 1.4.???? version. So I guess I am just screwed. Because I tried to go back in the archives for an older version of NVSE and they were either too old, too new, or would give me a load application error.

But I hope this helps anyone else with this problem until steam gets off the a**!!

Thanks for the help anyway!!!!

Edited by xraytec

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, your version really should be the 1.4. If I was in this situation, I'd delete the FalloutNV.exe, FalloutNV.esm and any DLC/pre-order pack .esm. Then I would let steam update it and see what I get.

Edit: Also, steam have this function, Verify integrity of game cache. I think you have to right click the game in library, properties, one of those tabs, verify integrity of game cache. You can also try this.

Edited by michel92

Yeah, your version really should be the 1.4. If I was in this situation, I'd delete the FalloutNV.exe, FalloutNV.esm and any DLC/pre-order pack .esm. Then I would let steam update it and see what I get.

Edit: Also, steam have this function, Verify integrity of game cache. I think you have to right click the game in library, properties, one of those tabs, verify integrity of game cache. You can also try this.

Thank you for the advice. I did figure it out finally. For some unknown reason I had a duplcate of the Steam file in a New file under programs that steam was playing off of and it was the correct version. And now I know why I could only use my Mods when launching from FOMM.

• 1 year later...

hello everyone, i'm new in Nexus Mods and i have a "problem" with NVSE. when i start the game normally and open the console and type "GetNVSEVersion" it doesn't works, but if i start the game with nvse_loader.exe it works. what can i do to make it work in both ways? thank you in advance!!

can anyone help me please. ive just installed the latest version of nvse. it worked the first time i played the game but when i exited the game i got an error message. then when i restarted the game nvse was no longer working, i removed the nvse files from my game files and then put them back. and the same thing worked the first time then the same error message and wont work when i reopen the game.

PLEASE HELP!!!

hello everyone, i'm new in Nexus Mods and i have a "problem" with NVSE. when i start the game normally and open the console and type "GetNVSEVersion" it doesn't works, but if i start the game with nvse_loader.exe it works. what can i do to make it work in both ways? thank you in advance!!

If you aren't already, you need to use a mod manager (such as NMM or FOMM). You then launch the game by selecting Launch NVSE, instead of Launch Fallout: New Vegas.